Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Sularia > Friends Forever? [P]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 662
Akira was almost regretful about leaving Heaven's Dawn, but it had been so long since she had visited with her mothers. With the promise she would be back, the kitsune gathered Neera and Amber, and left. It was hard, for she quite enjoyed her time with the boys. Never before had she been in a group of so many around her age, and not a single one was mean to her. No one pulled her tail, or poked fun at her. They laughed with her, made her smile, and accepted her into their fold effortlessly.

She made what was supposed to have been a quick stop in the highlands to take care of a rumored haunted cabin. If she could cleanse it, then River would be so pleased with her. Didn’t he say that he lived in Sularia too? When her business there was concluded, Akira hastened her trip to skip the desert with a small looking glass. At present, it seemed that no one was aware of her presence or were not home. Either way, perhaps this was an opportunity to get them something nice!

After dropping her pack off, Akira changed into fresh clothing. It was an easy to slip on robe-like dress with tapered sleeves. The two tones of blue was like the lake they lived by, with golden threads decorating around the collar and her sleeves. It hid her tail, which she didn’t mind, cause this prevented anyone from yanking on it. She pulled her hair back with a bright blue ribbon.

On her way into town, a pair of miniature fairy dragons flew behind her, flying in happy patterns. She went to the market and began to contemplate what she should get her family. Idly, she browsed the different stalls, still blissfully unaware of the fairy dragons behind, or at times above her.

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Dawn
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Assassin
Silver: 570
It had been some time since Akira had left Hoja and the Heaven’s Dawn. While the boys had been sad, it wasn’t long before work the work had them too busy to really feel the loss. Things were moving again in Hoja, and Xeik and Danwe had found themselves in a set of trouble. Also, due to a recent alchemical mishap involving an unknown potion, Lewis found himself older. It had taken some time to learn about his new body, but now that he was no longer considered a child, it opened up some new possibilities. For one, his physical attributes had increased dramatically, and second, he could now travel without questions

With this newfound freedom, Lewis was tasked with tracking a particularly nasty individual across the globe. Masquerading as a healer, this man was giving out false information about diseases and tonics to heal said diseases. Some of the tonics, if mixed, would even end up poisoning or crippling the individual upon consumption.

As Lewis traveled, he found himself learning just how large the world was. There were sights he never could have imagined existed, as well as atrocities that were worse than what happened at home in Hoja. The world was indeed something to be in awe of, both in respect and fear.

It was in Sularia that Lewis caught up to the merchant of death, the healer who made false claims. It was little effort to assassinate the man without being seen. He would simply tell Xeik that it had been dealt with, and there would be no questions after that. His leader did not need to know the details. But now that he was in Sularia, he wondered if he should check in on Akira.

As he wandered the vibrant streets, he pulled the sash he had purchased recently to cover the lower part of his face. For some reason, it made him feel more comfortable. At current, he had decided to wear his sleeveless, dark blue shirt out due to the heat. He secretly wished he had something lighter to wear, and made a note to look for something later.

While he had tracked the healer with no issue, he found himself vaguely lost in Sularia without a real goal. He knew Akira lived here, but he wasn’t exactly sure where. Had she said something? I can’t remember… He frowned. It was a curious sensation that he was feeling. Sadness? Fear? It was new.

“I don’t like it,” he muttered.

Akira

Character Info
”Welcome back, Akira! What will it be today? Something for your friends?” Akira had arrived at the stall containing sweets of all sorts, ran by a sweet old man. The child blinked and turned around, only to giggle. ”Alyssa? Elvina, what are you two here? Where Kaia?” They darted in and allowed her to pull them into a hug. ”Yes, please. For them and Mommy Larka?” ”None for yourself?” ”No thanks. Akira fine.”

He put some chocolate covered berries in a tidy paper package, tied with string. For the fair dragons, he handed each a chewy caramel. Akira passed over the coins, waved, and continued on her way with treats in hand. The fairy dragons continued their flight around Akira, happy with their treats. Contemplating what she should get Celeste, the child was not quite paying attention to where she was going, her gaze glued to different wares.

This was when she bumped into someone… Again. While normally, she wouldn’t have fallen, Akira had this time. She was shocked, holding her chest, as dull pain raced across her ribs, something she had thought was already healed. Alyssa chattered angrily in the stranger’s face while Elvina landed before Akira, making worried noises. ”Akira fine, Elvina.” Akira looked up at the stranger and the other fairy dragon as she stood back up. ”Alyssa, leave him alone. Was accident. No, he no hurt Akira. Yes, Akira sure. Find Larka’s chocolate?” Alyssa had been glancing between the stranger and Akira throughout the entire seemingly one-sided conversation.

”Akira sorry, mister.” Upon taking the height and stature of the person before her, Akira wouldn’t put him to be old enough to be considered an adult yet. However, he wasn’t a kid either. She was still holding her chest as Alyssa put a small package in her hands. ”Thanks Alyssa..” Akira looked up at the guy once more. ”You new in Sularia? Not seen you before?” A confused look was covering her face, feeling a strange sense of familiarity. That hair… Those eyes… ”Akira know you?”

Dusk

Character Info
It was uncommon for Lewis to not be on guard, but perhaps because he was now taller, he still had not fully adjusted to the thought that there were now people who were shorter than he was. So when he bumped into someone half his size, he was a tad shocked and thrown off guard. As he looked down, he saw a flash of silver hair, but it was immediately interrupted by an angry faerie dragon in his face.

There was an apology from the child he had run into, and while the voice was familiar, he couldn’t entirely place it. There was a part of him that wanted to swat the dragona side, but he held his cool. It was his fault, after all, and it would bring attention to him otherwise. He sighed with relief, though, as the faerie dragon backed off.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into…” He looked down. “Akira?” It was strange, seeing her so….short. But that was how it was. He was taller now. The potion had messed with a lot of things. Yet there she was, the adorable child he had befriended not long ago, alive and well. “It’s me…Lewis. I…” He paused. How to explain what happened. He lowered the sash to reveal his full face.

“Xeik and I got into a bit of a mess, and I ended up like this. Xeik…well….he got turned into a girl for awhile. And he got a bit younger…” He smirked. “I made out a lot better than he did.” He was happy though. He had found Akira again.

“How have you been?”

Akira

Character Info
He knew her name, which confused her, but not as much as him claiming to be Lewis. She cocked her head to the side, studying his face. There was so much familiarity in his face, those hazel eyes, even his hair. Akira giggled at the thought of Xeik being a girl, banishing all doubts of Lewis’s identity. ”Akira good. Um, what bring Lewis to Sularia?”

Her eyes grew wide as possibilities came to mind. ”Do you want meet mommies!? And Poppy, and Ruby. Amber and Akira just got home, so Akira need introduce her to family too.” Alyssa and Elvina perched on either shoulder, wrapping their tails around her arms. ”Ya, Lewis is friend. He my favorite friend.” She giggled and shook her head. ”Go home, Akira be there soon.”

While they seemed reluctant, the fairy dragons took to the air, fluttering away into the sky. Yet, Akira couldn’t keep her eyes from her changed friend. ”You tall now.” She walked a couple of circles around him with a huge smile. ”Do you like it? Being big?” Akira took his hand, comparing it to her own. Never before had someone aged so quickly, to skip years in the span of weeks. It was truly remarkable to see the difference.

Dusk

Character Info
It was definitely Akira. Lewis smiled. It was good to see her again. She was safe, and that was what mattered. Though, her patterns were different. Something must have happened on her way back. The thief wouldn’t press her for information; if she wanted to tell him, she would. Instead, though, he focused his hazel eyes on the faerie dragons. They seemed to be protecting her, and unsure of Lewis. He couldn’t blame them. He was, after all, not a good person. At least, he didn’t think so.

Akira was suddenly barraging him with questions, which caused him to take a step back and hold up his hands. “Sure, sure…we can go meet your parents,” Lewis said. He was worried though. Xeik had warned him that she was the daughter of a God. How much of that they believed was up in the air, but it was still something to keep in consideration. But if it were true…

Lewis cleared his throat as Akira started to walk around him. As she took his hand to compare to her own, he smiled again. “It’s…been a bit difficult. My mind and body don’t always match up, but the aging effects of the potion are slowly changing that.” Not that his maturity had been too much of an issue to start. Having to kill or be killed tended to rush a mental age.

“The adjustment took a few days, but now I’m stronger and faster. Once my mind catches up, I’ll be….” He smirked. I’ll be able to protect the guild. “Well…anyway. Let’s go ahead and meet your parents.” While I’m here, I should look into what it would take to create a branch here. Though…I haven’t seen to many abandoned children in Sularia. I wonder if it has something to do with the ruling families here.

He had done some minor research into Sularia before arriving. After all, he had to know how best to fit in.

“Say, Akira…how are the kids here? I don’t see too many who are like us…er….like the boys at Heaven’s Dawn.”

Akira

Character Info
Akira tilted her head. ”You’ll be?” She liked his smile, and he seemed eager to meet her mothers. Excitedly, she threw her arms up in the air as she jumped with glee, only to land and hold her chest once more with a slight frown. ”Akira sure mommies will like Lewis. Wait… I am sure… my mothers… will like you.” She smiled up at him, proud of her proper sentence.

As she took his hand, trying not to drag compared to lead him through the streets, Akira contemplated his question. ”Kids here are better than most places. They are cared for. It against law to hurt child here. More fights over men than children. Why Lewis ask?” Someone called Akira’s name, causing the child to pause. ”Akira! Could you do me a favor? Celeste’s order finally came in. Would you be a doll and deliver it for me?”

The herbalist had a small paper package, not much bigger than Larka’s chocolates. ”Okay, Lewis and Akira was just going home now.” With both packages in one arm, Akira took Lewis’s hand once more and continued on her path through the streets of Sularia. ”Akira met Larka in scary forest one day, while she look for wife. Met again much later here in Sularia. Wife was found, and they gave Akira lots of gifts. While eating lunch, Larka and Celeste ask Akira to adopt. But Akira not home much. They try, but understand.”

There were so many people in her life. Her favorites were her mothers, Lewis, and her father. Even River, a spiritbinder who happened to live in Sularia as well, was some of her closest friends. Most of them were all much older than she was. ”Lewis, Akira don’t like you older. All Akira friends are older except guild…” They exited the purple district of the city, and she confidently began to pick her way through the Kirika maze.

Dusk

Character Info
It was interesting watching Akira struggle with using proper language. The entire time she had been with the guild, she had not tried to correct her speech patterns. Now that she was back home in Sularia, though, she was making a concentrated effort. Perhaps it had something to do with her mothers.

Lewis did catch Akira holding her chest, and had noticed that she seemed almost flustered by it, but before he had any opportunity to ask what had happened, he was being dragged through the streets. It wasn’t long before Akira was called, though, by what Lewis assumed was an herbalist of some sort.

“You seem popular, Akira,” he said. He had not yet answered the question she had asked about the other children. “Well…in Hoja Mesto, we banded together to create a guild. I was wondering if I could do something similar in other cities. But it seems like I don’t need to.” It was a good feeling to know that in at least some places the homeless problem was being addressed. He sighed, though, wondering if it would stay like that.

“I’m sorry,” Lewis replied as she noted her dislike of his new age. “It wasn’t really my choice. I just…happened Xeik took the brunt of it. I already told you, right? He ended up as a girl for awhile. That was…er…a rough patch for us.” Indeed it was. Xeik, or Aaya as he had to be called during that time, had been panicked about possibly never being able to turn back. Luckily, the issue had been resolved…

“Anyway, it’s not like it changes too much. I’m still your friend.”