Naota
Deity

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Deity
Class: Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 11954
It had been some time since he’d ventured to the Duchy of Egjora, and the first time he’d been here hadn’t exactly been a pleasant one.  That seemed like so many lifetimes ago, especially since he was a deity now.  It was strange to think about how his friend had once been a slave here…Thinking of his smiling face warmed him and he combed his fingers through his hair.  As he did so, the dark brown locks shifted to an almost ethereal gold.  His eyes blinked, opening to crystal clear blue and the tanned hue of his skin changed to a more sun kissed vision.  Sometimes it was easier to go around not looking like himself.

The marks were the hardest things to hide, but the usually glowing white markings were hidden by his magick.  For now.  He knew it was always temporary but reveled while he could.  The salty air reminded him of summer and memories of sandy escapades with his brother eased him all the more.  Pulling off his vest and shirt, he tied latter around his waist and stuffed the former into his backpack.  The beaches were dotted with people soaking up the last rays of sun: it was already dipping lower towards the horizon, but he knew there’d still be at least another two hours before it was completely dark.

Adolescents were quickly pulling driftwood and any kindling they could find to build scattered bonfires.  Though he would forever appear to be in his very early twenties, he was still a much older man and had to remind himself not to gaze longingly towards the memories of youth.  At times it made things…complicated; looking the way he did.  Throw godhood into the mix?  Things got even more discombobulated. 

But his attention was pulled away from the would be fire starters by the crash of a particularly strong wave.  Some people had boats in the water, others had slicked boards that they were using to ride the crests of the waves, and he moved closer to the water’s edge.  A smile spread across his face as water lapped up passed his ankles, and for a moment he was so distracted that he forgot he still hadn’t sent his backpack some place safer.

Those boards, that was something new…well, new to him at least, and he wondered if he could figure out how to ride on one the same way others were able to.  Whatever he might do in the early twilight, he knew that it would be interesting: the City of Egjora hardly ever offered anything less.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Ratana

Character Info
Name: Ratana
Alignment: CN
Race: Appears Human (actually Crystal Dragon)
Class:
Silver: 225
Of all the places she had heard about, Egjora was most curious to the dragon.  But her favored form would be more than a little conspicuous there, and she chose to wear her human skin.  As a human of Ataiyo, Ratana found quite a few doors opened to her that remained otherwise closed.  And in Egjora, there were many closed doors.  That was what she found so curious, some humans were very opening and welcome in their little towns, but others like this were tightly closed and controlled. 

In her neat robes and carefully done hair, she glided through the streets, eying the guards while she munched on a honey sweetened pastry.  That was one weakness she could never resist indulging in, and honey-sweets were not easy to come by in the wilds.  She could cultivate her own honey, but baking it into treats like this was something else entirely.  Her crystal green eyes meandered, looking at the very clean streets, and she caught a smell of dried blood.  It took a few moments, but Ratana found herself staring at a work crew.  The smell was coming from them.  She had been told it was made of criminals atoning for sins, but to her, it looked like the men were being sadistically beaten down. 

Humans were such strange and varied creatures. 

There were many more people at the beach than the streets, and Ratana veered off in that direction.  At least it was away from the guards and their bloodied charges.  Here, people were actually having fun, and she could see that the ever present guards were much less present.  That was a relief.  Perhaps here, she could learn more about the people who actually lived on the city-island.  And were those… "Huh, now that is not something I ever expected to see.  I wonder how difficult it is to balance without a ta-… tether," she remarked to the stranger standing ankle-deep in the water.  He seemed just as fascinated as she, so Ratana picked him out to be the one she would speak with.  And she hoped he hadn't noticed her near slip up.  Though it was true, she didn't understand how those humans balanced on the boards without a tail.

Naota
Deity

Character Info
His attention was averted by a stranger that had come to the water’s edge where he was.  Eyebrows raising, he gave her a quick once over.  There was something about her…a shimmering outline almost and he quickly looked forward again.  That was something he hadn’t gotten used to since his ascension: some people looked different than others, or they seemed to at least.  It wasn’t a skill he’d honed perfectly and didn’t want to come off as too much of an oddball.  Especially to a lady since that could be taken as very inappropriate even if his intention was innocent.

“You know, oddly enough I was wondering the very same thing.  A lot of them make it look effortless and then others fall off quickly.  Laughing at least.”  He smiled and turned his eyes back to her, trying his best not to get distracted by that shimmer.  Aside from that, given her hair and eyes she appeared to be Ataiyan like himself, and he hadn’t expected to see another here on the island,

“Do you want to try?  I was thinking of asking someone on the shore if they wouldn’t mind me borrowing their board for a try or two.  A lot of the time the younger inhabitants here can be much more friendly…”  His tone softened out as his eyes moved back to the cresting waves.  There were still mixed feelings about Egjora, one of his closest friends he’d met here…as a slave.  Despite what had happened to the little star, he tried not to see the entirety of the community with a cold gaze like he had in his youth.

“If nothing else there’s always swimming.”  His smile broadened once more, “To tell you the truth I can’t remember the last time I actually swam for fun.”  Probably more decades than he wanted to admit…

God Rules:
Ratana

Character Info
Class:
There was something in his expression that told the young dragon perhaps her disguise wasn't quite as perfect as she hoped.  None the less, he continued the conversation.  "True.  They look to be enjoying themselves quite a bit.  Unlike… well, I think you've seen," she said, trailing off as she gestured behind her.  The silence spoke volumes of her opinion of how the people of Egjora tended to treat one and other.

An embarrassed smile crossed the woman's face when he suggested they try riding the boards for themselves, or even a simple swim.  "It would help if I knew how to swim first.  I don't think I'd even want to try getting on one of those boards without knowing that much first," she admitted with a rueful smile.  It wasn't that she didn't want to try, but she also didn't want to make too much of a fool of herself.  And while Ratana could swim just fine in her natural form, the two-legger form was something else entirely.  It had taken her three days to learn how to walk without being stared at.

Watching some of the youths playing on the waves was fascinating, and Ratana was enjoying the warm sand between her toes.  Skin was so much thinner than scales, and she could almost feel the individual grains.  "I did not expect to find another from Ataiyo here, we are both far from home.  My name is Ratana, by the way," she said with a warm grin.  An introduction always seemed necessary among the humans, and Ratana didn't mind too much.  And it was a good way to find out more information.

Naota
Deity

Character Info
His eyes dimmed slightly, though he did not look back.  He didn’t need to, already he’d experienced the less than acceptable treatment of people here and had helped free some in his day…sadly though, this society was built upon it.  If ever there did come a time that they would be freed, he was sure he’d be one of the many backing that movement.  Until then there was only so much he could do.  One would think being a deity would make it easier: just make them stop.  But putting yourself in that many affairs and taking on so many responsibilities would only pile up into a toppling mess that would do more harm than good in the long run.  All he offered was a quiet, “Sometimes the best thing to do is let it stew, but not to let it show…”

And that was all he would say on the matter, for now.  He smiled, hands moving to his hips happily as he looked over to her, “And while I do find it a happy coincidence that I’m in the presence of another Ataiyan I find it even more surprising that you happen to be an Ataiyan who doesn’t know  how to swim.”  Being a coastal nation it was usually common for their people to know how, but no matter. “We can take it easy then, work our way up.”  This was where he was met with a dilemma: presently he had done himself to hide who he was, yet it felt wrong lying about his name…of all things.  

Returning her grin, he offered his own introduction, “Very nice to meet you Ratana, I’m called Hoshi.”  Not…entirely a lie, depending on how you looked at it.  That’s what he told himself internally to feel better at least.  “Now then, you don’t know how to swim but that’s not to say you’re afraid of the water are you?” His grin shifted to a more playful smile as he turned, walking backwards slowly into the waves so that he could still politely face her, “Finding a way to rest on cresting waves was one of my favorite things to do as a child.  Would you like to try?”

God Rules:
Ratana

Character Info
Class:
The human was strange.  In her experience, they tended to either vehemently defend extreme actions, or they were passionately against it.  But her new friend only seemed to show a weary sense of resignation, and that he didn't even want to talk about what happened in this city.    That was quite strange to her, she noticed many humans tended to stick their nose in wherever they felt like, whether or not it was wanted.  She dipped her head in a bow of acknowledgement that he didn't want to talk about the topic, and they did move on.  "Well… my family lives away from the coast, near the mountains by Menomori.  There isn't much cause to swim there," she said.  Again, not exactly a lie.  Her kin did live in the mountains, though they tended to avoid most people who found their way through the forest.

The smile crossed her face once more at the mention of learning to swim.  He was a kind human, that much was good.  In her limited experience, they could be even more petty and malicious than some dragons.  But not him.  "I would like that, I enjoy traveling, and it's quite likely I'll need to learn how to swim one of these days," she said with a laugh.  That was entirely true, and Ratana knew there would eventually be a situation where she would have to stay hidden no matter how bad things were.  She shook her head at the question.  "No, Hoshi.  We do some spear-fishing, and I'm not bad at it.  That requires a lot of standing still in the water though, and it doesn't move as quickly as this," she explained.  Fish were very tasty, even to a dragon.

She nodded quickly, eager to learn.  Glancing around, she realized that the light robes she preferred would be very detrimental in the water.  "A moment, please," she said, turning and carefully pulling off her robes and folding them.  She wore a sleeveless blouse and light cropped pants beneath, items that would not hinder her motion in the water.  And it would maintain the modesty that humans seemed to put so much stock in.  "Okay, what is my first lesson in how to swim?" she ask, bright curiosity lighting her green eyes.