Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > Purpose (p)
Damon Naur

Character Info
Name: Damon Naur
Alignment: TN
Race: Phoenix
Class: Ranger
Silver: 3147
His brow lifted at her response, and it made sense that his response would not change from their supposed past to then.  Damon recalled much of his previous life in the DaeLuin realm, but the years were never kind to his kind as they passed through the ages.  Old memories died that held little significance the to current state of things.  The phoenix could not even recall how old he was.  Many things had been lost to him as time went on.  Upon the loss of his goddess, things had gotten even worse.  Damon needed to find another drive in order to keep his wits about him.  If he was not careful, the Flame could burn out from deep within his core.  

He noticed the tear, but he said nothing.  The guard new little about emotions or how to handle them in others.  Often he would see women and men cry when he had to execute an order that they did not like.  There was little response that he would give, as he had walled himself away from the emotions of even his own heart.  Damon did feel pity for the girl.  There was conflict easily stirring in her.  A decision had to be made when it came to their kind.  Flames could burn in different colors that would determine how they would grow in the world.  She was young and uneducated in their ways.  

"I will use Mirannda as you so prefer.  I do not mind that," he responded in a gentler voice.  "I cannot give reassurance that he would not find his way here since both of us have.  From my understanding there are good deal more that have found their way to Revaliir from our old home.  If it is to keep your safety than I have no qualms with that."  Damon pushed off the ground and glanced around the darkness.  "I am no great teacher.  If I can help, than I am willing to teach…I'm not sure what.  Possibly being around another phoenix will be of an asset to help you change?"

Nix

Character Info
Name: Mirannda Sinopa
Alignment: CN
Class: Retired Mercenary
Silver: 561
A sense of relief flooded over the younger phoenix as he agreed to use the chosen name. So many have made their way from their previous home already, with more finding their way almost every day. Hopefully, if Sin did make his way here, and if he did find Damon, he would not delve into his mind and steal the information.

When the elder stood, so did she, though Elata just curled up on herself as she settled for the night. ”I’ll admit, I am nervous. What if even the time spent with you reveals nothing?” However, before another word could be said, a twig snapped somewhere in the distance. A hand grasped the hilt of her sword. The sleeping avian suddenly took flight to find a perch somewhere out of reach. Mirannda cast out her senses, looking for possible danger.

There was something out there, shambling closer with every second. She cast a glance at the fire with a frown. Did they unintentionally call something from its slumber? With a flick of her fingers, a plume of fire shot out from the created source, and burst against the chest of some creature. Mirannda groaned as the brief illumination showed two flanking her victim. As the body burned, the light flickered against others behind them. ”Creatures of the night…”

Death is only the beginning.
Damon Naur

Character Info
Name: Damon Naur
Alignment: TN
Class: Ranger
Silver: 3147
The sight of relief on her face made him smile slightly. To know that he was able ease much on her mind let him feel relaxed as well. Whatever made her anxious about her name, he had no need to bring it up. Revaliir was a land of new starts. Escaping from the wreckage of DaeLuin was not small feat. Damon had the luxury of having been under the wing of a goddess to allow him the flight away from the Void. For those that were able to leave without that sort of protection, the phoenix had to give them respect. It was still unclear as to why it had all come crumbling down. What was clear was the amount of lives that had been lost due to the Void swallowing everything that had been their once home. ”Do not mention it.” He attempted to reassure her again in regards to her past, but there was little else he could do.

Damon pet the small phoenix that had taken a liking to him before standing. His eyes watched the surrounding night carefully. Flaming bow flared faintly in response to his touch. ”When something is buried deep away that is exactly what it means: it is buried only. There is nothing that cannot be unrevealed. With enough effort, we can get it to come forth. You have not been in the presence of the Flame. I doubt you truly know how to reach out to your inner flame, from the sounds of it.” Damon allowed his eyes to flick over to the young woman whom needed to find her inner self. ”Finding the flame is essential. I can teach that.”

Words cut off as a twig snapped to bring a target for Damon to focus on. It was just as he had thought. ”Creatures that will not last the night,” he corrected with a smirk at her. ”Do not use your weapon. Continue as you are with the flame. It is a good exercise.” Damon in a flash notched an arrow to his bow and released it out into the darkness. There was a muted thud as a body hit the ground. Eyes had a smirk within them as he bolted into the shadows to leave Mirannda alone.

Hand quickly put the bow across his chest and blades replaced it within his grasp. The darkness appeared to swallow him when the archer bolted into the forest. The young phoenix needed to find her ability to handle herself with her flame. With constant usage and a learned reliability it would give her a better chance of finding herself.

Nix

Character Info
Name: Mirannda Sinopa
Alignment: CN
Class: Retired Mercenary
Silver: 561
Damon made a joke about their attackers, with that devilishly handsome smirk. It was infectious, causing her to give an answering coy smile back. What took her by surprise was his swift recommendation of not using her weapons, instead relying on her magic. ”He’s right. Allow it to flow through you. Don’t command it, follow its lead.” Pushing the avian’s voice out of her head, Mirannda concentrated on expanding her senses.

Despite the fact that she had use of a camp fire right next to her, she called a ball of flame to appear in her hand. With few exceptions, Mirannda was immune to many variations of flame and heat. The one she feared the most came from herself. It would not be wise to forget that their little fire was actually her own. The phoenix could call down thunder storms, tornadoes, blizzards and the lik, but she was afraid of her own fire. It burned her, eating at her own flesh if she was not careful. This ball of flame was warm in her palm, but would not be a bother as long as she maintained her control.

It narrowed, and became thin, snaking around her feet until she had a flame whip longer than she was tall. Mirannda cracked it experimentally at the closest creature, leaving a burning cut along its chest. As it was used again, and again, the whip started a dance for her. Usually, the swords provided a sense of being anchored in reality, feeling the resistance of blade meeting solid flesh, or durable metal. Mirannda was a moth to the flame, easily lost in the arcing light she created with each flick of her wrist. Snap, crack, flowing like a ribbon, but quick to lash out and sting the next target. Two down, another caught by the throat and yanked off balance. All the while, the phoenix was entranced by the dance of the flame.

Death is only the beginning.