Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > Promises of the Shinies [Private, light R]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 826
Akira was giddy, as she was spending time with Lewis. He had come to visit her in Sularia on his travels from Hoja Mesto. It was these times she looked forward to, the special visits from her favorite thief. They had just had lunch when Akira noticed an official posting a notice up. Her curiosity dragged her to the posted paper like a moth to flame. From there, she was full of excitement. ”Lewis! Let’s go, earn guild money. It be fun!” Only in Sularia is her speech ever closer to normal society.

It didn’t take much to convince him, or at least she thought so. Akira told Celeste and Larka where they were going, and were warned to be careful. The same rings that Lewis was handed some time ago were passed back to the boy. ’Keep her safe. I’m counting on you.’ Celeste told him. The only reason Celeste was staying behind was a contract she had, creating a “previous engagement”.

”So, Queen of Adeluna say mines open. But we hear rumors of dead people. Akira think we should … Prepare? For all things.” She dressed rather plainly for her, wearing a teal long sleeved top and black pants, with actual durable boots. On one hip, she had her sapphire sword, a gift from Celeste to defend herself. “Sometimes, the appearance of a weapon can be a deterrent.” The other hip had her endless bag, packed with all of her enchanted items. Upon her shoulders, she had her wisp shawl wrapped around, an easy to remove accessory should it be necessary, but also a way to light up the darkness should there be any.

”We can go on Akira pakpak? I promise she no bite. Though, I no name her yet. Akira found her with broken wing, and I heal her. So she like me now.”

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Dawn
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Assassin
Silver: 621
It had not taken much convincing for Lewis to check out the mines. He knew the guild back home was always in need of extra funds, and if he could provide just that much extra, it would greatly benefit their survival. And so, Akira and Lewis took the creature that Akira called ‘a pakpak’ to the mines.

The overall trip itself was uneventful. Lewis’ keen eyes kept a lookout though, as he was trained to do in unfamiliar places. The mine entrances were scattered about, and he could see many people gathering at different entrances to prepare to delve.

“Over there is a good spot,” Lewis pointed. The two landed and dismounted the pakpak. As he helped Akira dismount, he scanned the area. Just people exploring. No one is here to hurt us. His silvery blonde hair swayed with the breeze. I need a haircut. The potion must have affected its growth too.

He went over his own gear once more. A few special trinkets here and there that he and Xeik had picked up over the past year or so were housed in his pack. These, as well as his dagger set and throwing knives were securely strapped to his waist and belt. He wish he had more, but the reality was that he needed to be quick on his feet.

“Akira,” Lewis said, his eyes firm with hers. “This is going to be a lot like when we freed those girls. If something goes wrong, you need to stay back.” It wasn’t that he was expecting anything to go wrong, but living on the streets of Hoja and knowing the greed that people were capable of, he wasn’t about to let his guard down. “And last, but not least, Akira…” He blushed, glancing to the side. “I…like your outfit….it suits you well.”

It took a lot out of the would be assassin to admit it, but he had more than a soft spot for the girl.

Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Race: Minadrias
Class:
Silver: 808
((Sorry it's short, it'll get better as I go on))

”Hush you.” Kythe chided her companion, poking the Pseudo-Wyvern in his chest as he continued to hiss and spit and whine upon her shoulder. ”The place is fascinating and I want to explore it further.” She told him sternly, chuckling as he chattered his teeth at her irritably and settled down upon her shoulders.

The woman stopped and scowled slightly as she caught a scent she recognised. It was the little Kitsune girl; Akira… it was unmistakeable! Smiling slightly she turned in the direction of the scent and strode swiftly to where the girl must be, heading back outside she spotted the young girl with a young man and smiled slightly – catching the tail end of his words and chuckling to herself; how sweet… it was clear he was fond of Akira and it warmed Kythe’s heart to see such young love blossoming.

”Akira!” She called, waving merrily to the youngster. ”Well I did not expect to see a friend here today. Have you come exploring as well? And who is this handsome young gentleman?” Kythe asked, bowing to him as she smiled, holding Tymor to her shoulder so as not to dislodge him. ”My name is Kythe Sitari, I met Akira at the Celestial Ball not so long ago. It’s good to meet with you again. I was just about to head deeper into the mines to see what treasures I could find, would you like to go down with me? Far more fun with others along for the journey I have to admit.” The woman smiled.
Akira

Character Info
The pakpak circled around the spot that Lewis pointed out before making its decent. After they dismounted, she surveyed the people. Some were setting up camps, while others were giving their gear one final check before heading into the mine. Akira had heard that there was riches in there before they reopened, but far too many people lost their lives in pursuit of said wealth due to unknown creatures in the dark. Would they encounter such dangers today?

She nodded, with the same serious expression upon her face. "I understand, Lewis." Neera peeked her head out of a pocket, a cute little sugar glider about the size of a palm. "I'll protect from behind should we need." Akira blushed at his comment with a smile. "Thank you, Lewis." A familiar voice called her name, causing her ear to swivel toward the sound before she turned herself. A shy smile turned into a huge smile of glee, Akira returned the wave almost excitedly.

"Kythe! Yup, this is Lewis. He my friend from Hoja." Kythe explained where she had met Akira. It truly wasn't that long ago, and it was a nice night. She gazed up at Lewis momentarily. "I think it good idea. Safe in number?" When she turned back to Kythe, the foxling realized the creature on her shoulder. "Ohh! It's cute! What's it name?" Akira went to scratch at the scales underneath the pseudo-wyvern's chin. "Akira, you really shouldn't reach out to touch just any animal you see," Neera warned.

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Dawn
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Assassin
Silver: 621
Lewis was enjoying the few moments of peace he got with Akira, however he found himself on edge as a voice called to them. Immediately, he reached for the weapons at his waist, but hesitated as Akira called out to respond. His eyes narrowed, but neither Akira nor Neera seemed threatened. His hands dropped back down to his sides.

The woman walked up to them, a creature perched on her shoulder. Akira reached out for it almost immediately, which caused both Lewis and Neera concern. “Neera’s right. You should be far more careful.” He looked to the woman, who introduced herself as Kythe. She had the same sort of feeling Drake had when he had met that bumbling idiot.

Calm down. Not all dragons are idiots like he is. His sharp eyes looked the woman over. She seems friendly enough. Akira trusts her, but I don’t put much stock into that. I’ll have to talk with Neera about this later. For now, I don’t really have an option.

“Lewis,” the teen replied, holding out his hand. “It’s a pleasure.” He held his immaculate fake smile. “The ball, you say? That must have been exciting.”

The talk turned to delving into the mines together, and Lewis felt apprehensive. Neera volunteered to watch their back, which meant Lewis would have to watch both Kythe and their front. It wasn’t in his nature to trust so easily, but he would have to relinquish some control of the situation. Logically, it would not benefit Kythe to lead them deep into the mines only to abandon them. No…if an actual betrayal would come from anywhere, it would be near the end of the journey.

“We could go together. The more of us there are, the more likely we’ll make it out with something,” he replied. “I’m all set. Is everyone else good to go?”

Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Race: Minadrias
Class:
Silver: 808
Kythe nodded to Lewis happily, taking his offered hand and shaking it, her eyes filled with joy at the sight of Akira; she had become somewhat fond of the young girl when they had met at the Ball and it was good to know that she had left a good enough impression on her that it seemed Akira classed her as a welcome sight in return. ”A pleasure to meet you Lewis.” She added.
As Akira went to scratch Tymor’s chin Kythe gasped, about to grab the girl’s wrist to save her from being clawed or bitten by the angry beast… but instead Tymor leant down into Akira’s touch and purred at the girl. ”Why you ungrateful reptile!” Kythe exclaime with a laugh. ”Whenever I try that without his express permission I get snapped at! Though your friends are right Akira, you can never tell if an animal is friendly or not, you’re lucky this time but heed their warnings and tread carefully next time. Sadly not all beasts wish to be friends no matter how much compassion we have for them. But anyway his name is Tymor”

”It was… an interesting evening,” Kythe answered with a sigh… she had drunk far too much whiskey thanks to Arden and the consequences were… interesting to say the least… ”But it was lovely to make friends with Akira at least.”

Nodding she smiled. ”Lead the way; I’m ready when you all are. I’m intrigued to see what lurks within the shadows.” She grinned glancing at Lewis. She got the distinct feeling that she had intruded on the lad’s time with Akira and she felt a little guilty for that, but never mind she was there now they might as well all travel inside together and see what lay within.
Akira

Character Info
Neera and Akira had this conversation many times about showing caution to strange animals. Despite this, she was still far too eager to meet most of them. Caution was abandoned to the wind and would be almost every time guaranteed. For this, Akira gave him a reassuring smile as the reptile accepted her advances and gave a pleasing sound. "Akira never meet unfriendly creature. " Neera crawled out of Akira's pocket and climbed to perch on her shoulder before grooming her face.

"Natural charm, likely from her mother," Neera mumbled, sounding quite displeased. "Might as well hold your breaths. She won't listen. Never has for me, probably never will." The puca loved the child, however, and felt pride enough for her deceased friend. Akira stuck her tongue out defiantly towards Neera and then smiled up at Kythe and Lewis. "Lewis go first?" Even as she said it, she felt something new. She didn't know how to describe it except a slight pain in the heart. But it wasn't physical pain.

Brushing the thought aside, Akira turned to the pakpak. "Stay here. Don't make trouble. We be back." After giving the large winged reptilian a hug, she made her way with the group to the entrance. Once upon a time, she'd have run up to the entrance and bounced while waiting for the others to catch up. This time, she stayed with the group, glancing up at Lewis every so often. He was always more closed off to her when others were close, especially outside of the guild. However, this was a new experience, and the possibility of danger was high. Just like with those girls in Hoja Mesto. Except this time, they didn't have Xeik, nor the guild for assistance.

Her attention shifted to Kythe as she gazed up at the beautiful woman. This time, there weren't extravagant garments, and no makeup or fancy hair. Yet, there was an interesting dilemma bubbling within. First, the yearning to make conversation and get to know her friends better. Second, the suspicion of the necessity of silence. Even if they were just entering the tunnels, her scarf giving off a ghostly light making her a beacon, didn't they need to listen beyond the echo of their feet? Akira chewed lightly on her cheek as she turned her focus to the path ahead.