Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > [EVENT]Memory Lane [P/R]
Luna

Character Info
Name: Luna
Alignment: CG
Race: Silky
Class: House Fairy
Silver: 3698
Though the silky was most definitely unsure of what to think of the Novella she still stuck around without disappearing. It seemed as if he wanted her company and she couldn’t figure out why. It puzzled her greatly as she watched those blues of his but her face was still rather stoic. It had been a long, long time since she had ever spoken to anyone outside of Angela. Perhaps this had been the goddess’s goal? She could only speculate. The life of silky was rather quiet and secluded. Definitely not something Angela enjoyed.

Once more her head tilted and she had the most puzzled look on her face as he spoke. “No rules?” She had been bound by rules her entire life. If not by those of the Banshee than by those of the silky. It was an odd thing for even her to repeat. Quietly she moved closer to him and her sensitive nose picked up his strange scent. It made her nose twitch at first but she realized aside from Angela she didn’t actually think she had smelled another person before.

“There are good words to use with other people?” A general difference? Her eyes watched him with skepticism but he appeared to know more than her. “How do you know when you’ve used the right words?” Before in her past life if she spoke she had killed their hearing and well… She had killed them too but that was her job before. She couldn’t remember her life before being a banshee and Angela had theorized many things but truthfully it had been even before Angela’s time when she was originally born. Her memories were hazy at certain points. Thanks to the same activities every day the days blurred together on her as well.

The jolt of magic made her almost lose her balance as her senses were temporarily overloaded by the airship moving. Come to think of it… She couldn’t remember a time when she had been on an airship either. Skepticism was alive in her eyes as Killian invited her on his adventure. She supposed it could be said that it was their adventure now.

Slowly the fey followed him and outside the door, she peeked out and around looking to see if anyone was nearby. Always the same with the silky no matter where they went. “I know this place…” She tilted her head and found her way down to the ground. “I remember buildings though but I remember this structure too.” She rubbed the brown curls on the top of her head as she thought. “And screaming and death.” She pulled at her hair lightly as if trying to recall more but it looked like it exhausted her to do so.

“I can remember… things. Places.” She took a hand and rubbed at a bit of metal. “Like when this was new.” She obviously couldn’t remember that exact piece in her hand but she took a sigh. How long had it been?

There were footsteps and soon Luna was hiding behind Killian. It looked like she could only effectively hide in a place where she was dwelling. Moonstone eyes watched as people with pickaxes and rope went deeper down. “Mines. I remember mines but I can’t place where they exactly are anymore.” She shook her head and moved around him as two more folks came from the other direction. She was nimble in staying out of their sights and using him as a blockade of sorts. "Edelweiss… They called it at one point."

Killian

Character Info
Name: Killian
Race: Novella
Class:
Silver: 218
“There are millions of words Luna, I just try to use the cool ones.” Killian said as he slid on his ancient black coat. As he talked, he wandered around the ship, flicking the odd lever as he went. The Novella had never actually met a Brownie before – let alone travelled with one. He looked forward to it, he enjoyed getting to know people almost as much as getting into mischief.

As they stepped out into the night, Killian took a deep breath and began to study his surroundings. He opened his mouth to say something clever – when Luna beat him to it. As she explained he listened; but at the same time, he drew his silver wand and began scanning things. “Maybe you came here before? It’s possible. I’ve been to loads of places I’ve forgotten.” Killian spoke; he was technically lying but he’d only just met Luna, best not to scare her off with his baggage.

Killian noticed the men coming to and fro from the mines entrance, a smile crossed his face. “Come along then Luna. Let’s go have a look.” As he talked, he put his hands in his pockets and marched over to the entrance of the mine. As Killian came into the light two of the men gripped their weapons. “Undead wander these mines, keep away.” Said the tallest man. “Oh good, that means we are in the right place.” He flashed them a dangerous smile, their leader tried to speak but Killian cut in again. “We are the Royal family’s personal exorcists.” He flashed them a piece of paper with an official looking seal on it. “Now if you could step aside, thank you. Put down the swords, that’s it. Good lads.”

As the four men grumbled Killian slipped into the entrance of the mine. “This way” He called out to Luna. “Exorcist is a cool word.” The Novella exclaimed as he decided the direction to head by tasting a stone from each path on the tip of his tongue. “Definitely left.”

Luna

Character Info
His retort earned him a snort of laughter that was short from Luna. She put her hands to her lips sorta embarrassed as she was always sort of serious. It made her wonder what she was like before all the death that followed her for centuries.

Listening to Killian’s words of wisdom Luna dropped what was in her hand and looked up at the Novella. “It’s not the same thing as forgetting.” She had no issue telling him about herself or rather what she didn’t know about herself. “I suppose it is both forgetting and not forgetting at the same time.” Luna stood up and tilted her head as she watched the men stop them as they tried to cross the mine entrance.

That’s a lie.

That was all that went through her head as he spoke to them but she knew that it was possibly the only way for them to get into the mines. A little white lie wouldn’t hurt when it came to this. It wasn’t like they would be defenseless down there. The Silky knew magic quite well and while her tactic and schools had shifted she still retained the measure of control needed to cast the spells.

There was another amused snort as he called back to her. “There was a time once where exorcists tried to cleanse Koschei Forest.” There was a bit of dark light in her eyes. “It is a very cool word but most of the time exorcists get in over their heads… At least a long time ago they did.”

Tilting her head she watched as Killian tasted the stone and this time there was a chuckle instead of a snort. “You are an amusing man.” Luna was on her guard as they walked down the left fork of the mines. The eerie lanterns were hardly helping so she did what any brownie would do as she took the skirt of her dress and cleaned the glass. Once the lantern was clean she held it up. “As much as I can see in the dark… Light is still better.”

After a little bit of travel she could hear the rustling further down from them. It wasn’t alarming yet but something told her not to be overly worried about it. “Back before I am now… I would collect people like them and deliver their souls to the Soul-Stream for Angela. The memories are hazy but not because I’ve lived a long time.” Her eyes looked up to Killian. “I’ve been three people in my life. Each one vastly different and with each life I’ve casually lost bits and pieces of who I was before. Since I am now your Silky I suppose you should know a little bit about me… Since I don’t have any hobbies.”

There were obviously things that were hurting her to recall. “I’m quite a bit older than Angela… Time is a blur once you reach our age.” Her eyes instinctively went up to his as she mused. She knew he was old but she didn’t know how old. There was a certain air to people that they carried when they were ancients. Angela had a bit of it but people like her and Killian were just different some how.

“From what Angela could find out I was once a human in Parvpora before the great fall. Those who were caught in the wraith of the Tree Verya were cursed. Doomed to twist and wither until only their husks remained. They call it Koschei Forest. The forest of death. Women followed their husbands’ trails to where the forest is now. Overcome with grief from the magic on the land, or rather the curse… The women all committed suicide along side the bodies of their husbands that had become the trees. Most of them became banshees who roamed the forest for poor individuals who lost their way.”

If Luna had known that he was holding back his baggage she might have stopped but maybe this was the first time she had ever told anyone. She felt compelled that he knew who he was with. “I remember roaming the continents and taking souls. I remember trying to kill Angela when I found her. She instead granted me power as her Avatar for Death and Earth. I worked after that at retrieving souls for her that were lost as I said. Places like this often were where I dwelled the most. It wasn’t until her spheres shifted to Fertility and Earth that I became a Silky. She renamed me Luna since she considered my past a dead one.”

Luna held a smile on her face for a moment as she chuckled. “I was a terrible Avatar of Fertility and Earth. As a silky our natural instinct is to hide and clean. That’s what I did from the moment I was reborn but Angela never chastised me for me. I suppose that’s why she sent me to you. She wanted me to get out of the temple that I’ve been dwelling in for so long I forgot what the real sun looked like and the moons too. The way the cold air feels against your skin at night… The smell of the soil. All of it is different in Elysia. It’s nostalgic for me.”

It was the most she had ever spoken and maybe it was because Killian spoke a lot himself. She had been left to her own thoughts for centuries but when Angela made conversation with her. The goddess had never gone out of her way to get Luna out of her shell. Luna just wanted to exist and she was content with that. Perhaps a little too content.

They entered an area with a steep drop off on one side and a wall on the other as they followed the mine shaft down. It looked like it had been built around a deep ravine. A simple hand fan of purple silk appeared in her hand. Opening it she gave a quick swipe as the wind picked up into a gust knocking one of the undead off the trail. “We might as well make use of the ravine below. It will keep us from having to get too close to them.”

Killian

Character Info
Class:
“Best place to be.” Killian replied. “In over your head that is, I’m always in over my head – keeps me quick.” He was enjoying listening to her, it was nice to have someone to talk to again. He smiled as she commented on his unusual methods – she hadn’t seen anything yet. Luna picked up a lantern and cleaned it, Killian took another and held it up as they walked.

She explained about how she had been three people in her life. His heart almost skipped a beat. Before he had chance to reply to the casual comment about being more than one person in her life she went hinted at his age. “I’ve been seven.” It was incredibly unusual for him to be lost for words. This woman was insightful, Angelia was getting wise. He smiled to himself at let her continue.

Luna told him the story of Koschei Forest as they walked – and then on to what she was and how she had become so. It was complicated and impacted mostly by his old friend Angelia. Her wondered if Luna had felt her past was dead, but again he was beaten to the question with more information. It was quite refreshing for him not to be the one doing all the talking. “I was a terrible God. A different tree from a different world once named me God of Love.” He smiled, trying to bring a little light to what was very nearly the end of his life.

As they got to the ledge Killian found himself staring over the edge as usual. “Long way down. Can’t make anything out in this darkness though.” Luna used magic to knock off one of undead – he hadn’t even gotten his wand out. His dangerous smile spread across his face. Luna was going to be fun, he could feel it.

Killian skipped forwards, his boots dancing along the ledge as he moved. Using his wand, he sent a few undead flying down the chasm. As they descended it seemed to get darker – suddenly the edge of the path broke under his boot and Killian had to throw himself backwards to avoid the crumbling rock. “We might need to find a better way down.” He looked around, there wasn’t much to work with. There was a shuffling in the darkness, more undead were coming; but now they seemed to be coming from both ways. Killian sent a few more of them over the edge with the same spell but more seemed to spill out of the dark.

Through the noise he heard a noise that made him smile. “I’ve got a plan, not the best plan, but a plan. Little plan, simple plan. On three, we jump. Trust me.” He held out his hand for her to take. “One, Jump!” He didn’t wait. “WOOOOOO” He yelled as he fell.

SPLASH.

Luna

Character Info
“I’m sure for some people my life has been many lifetimes for them.” Considering her tales were literally legends and she had been a part of them. Though the knowledge was lost to her, she at least knew her origins and that was all that mattered to her. Though she did ponder faces once in a while there were consequences for digging for those memories.

Luna gave him a smile though rather sad. “We all have things that we’ve done that we aren’t proud of. Creatures our age are not without a spot of sin… The greatest people often have the worst histories and those that are spotless have yet to live. For god sakes, I used to murder people. I know it was my nature to do it but still… Weighed heavily on my conscious for a long time but Angela said something to me that made me be alright with it… She told me that it was never too late to make up for the sins or shortcoming of the past. That everyone had something they regretted and that nothing we did could never not be forgiven as long as we were sincere and honest about it. That being said Lady Angela has also said that in a blind rage these lessons can be forgotten and the shorter-lived races can never hope to learn the things that people like us do. Mortals be damned to repeat themselves.”

The silky looked over the edge with him before she blasted the undead off. “The winds speak of a long tumble that’s for sure.” It would make sense that she was a wind affinity mage after watching her. As they moved Luna about had a heart attack as she lunged forward and grabbed onto Killian pulling him back away from the ledge. It seemed like an all too natural reaction for her as her moonstone eyes stared bewildered into his. Crazy man, that’s what he was.

“That would be very wise.” She let him go and took a breath as she heard the noses too. “A plan?” Without thinking she gave the man her hand and it was only after they jumped that the sudden realization hit her. “KILLIAN!” She let out in a bit of a scream. “KILLIAN I CAN’T FLY!” Maybe he thought she was like other fairies but then a grim look came over her face. “I CAN’T SWIM EITHER!”

In her long life, she had never learned how or if she had… Luna had forgotten. She held onto his hand tighter as they hit the water. The impact from the water caused her to lose all the breath in her lungs from being surprised. Luckily Killian caught her probably out of consideration for her inability to survive in water. She splashed about but became calmer as they surfaced. Heaping breaths left her mouth as both of them managed to climb out of the underground river and onto a small ledge.

They were now lost in the darkness with only their hearing and somewhat night sight to guide them. She closed her eyes as she laid her arm across her face. The shock was still going through her. Never had she met a man with such bravado before. “Ki-Killian next time you have a bright idea… A little more warning? Just a little… I like spontaneous but I’m not too sure I like the ‘could be killed while doing this’ surprise.” There was a laugh as she peeked at him once she moved her arm.

Reaching over she touched his wand causing it to glow a silver light. “That should help. It’s Faerie Fire.” Still, they were drenched now and she was shivering.

Killian

Character Info
Class:
Cold.

Very cold. Carefully he helped her to the shore and climbed out after her. He was laughing through the shivers as she spoke. Quickly he surveyed the area; the river slunk off into the dark, but just along the ledge was another pathway deeper into the earth. How deep did this thing go? “Thank you.” He said as Luna made his wand glow. Killian found himself staring at her a little too long. He brushed his wet hair back and spun on the spot. “Right then Luna, first thing is first.” As he spoke, he reached out and held her hand, guiding her to the pathway.

Killian held out his wand in front of him and scanned the path for traces of magic, something very old seemed to be emitting power from the depths. “Something old and powerful down there. Watch your step.” He held up his glowing wand so that they could see better and realised he was still holding her hand – he let go, he had been alone so long. There were words on the walls. “Carvings, in the walls. Do you see?” Killian ran his fingers over the carved words, so old he never seen them before. “Can you read them?”

As he moved along the walls he noticed more carvings, symbols, runes, it looked as though someone had calved a single sentence in every language imaginable. “That’s probably not good.” He indicated. The same word over and over. His heart was racing. What could it mean? Probably Beware! or Keep Out! or Authorised Personnel Only, it was always something dull like that.

They continued down the path, the languages and symbols on the walls seemed to be getting older. “You said this was a mine – but this cave goes much deeper than that. Do you know what was here before?” Killian asked her. A chill wind blew from the darkness and he held her hand again.

He stopped in his tracks – he spotted a very familiar language etched into the dark stone wall. It was Novella – and one of the oldest of the carvings. It said The Lord of the Forge, the Dragon King Gorrick Destroyer of Edelweiss. He read it out to Luna.

The cave suddenly came to a dead end – a stone door with the same sentence written on it presumably. It looked old, very old. “I’ve destroyed worlds, it was what I was trained to do. It’s what I ran from. Always running me. I try and help people now, when I can. I agree with Angelia. Humans say life is to short for regret – mine is too long.” He had learned to forgive himself for most of his past now, but it had taken him a very long time to get that far. “Anyway, lets see who this Gorrick guy is, have a look around or say hello. Stand back.” Killian raised his wand and pointed it at the sealed rock door as an eerie green light shone from it. The door shook slightly but didn’t open. “Stand a little further back and cover your ears.” His dangerous grin spread across his face as he raised his wand again. There was a flash of bright red light and a huge

SMASH.

And the door exploded in.

Luna

Character Info
There was a tiny moment when Luna had Killian looking at her for too long when she had actually quirked an eyebrow up at him. She didn’t understand why he was staring at her even if it was only for a prolonged moment. Though she didn’t voice it the look on her face was certainly full of sass and most likely a shimmer of what she had been like before she had her untimely demise the first time.

He took her hand and she would have protested if for the fact that it was cold and dark. “Probably remnants of whatever messed this mine up good.” Luna came in with logic as she looked around. Luna spotted as they got to the wall that he reacted to their hands and let go. She didn’t protest, however, she did approach the wall and put her hands on it. “I can read them but this is a language that Revaliir doesn’t even use anymore.” She winced as she recalled what should have been a forgotten memory. It looked painful for a moment as she put her forehead against the cold stone so she could think. “It says: This is the beginning and the end. To defile this place is to unleash the damned and forgotten.” However, she noticed after that another sentence and her face went white just a bit. Then she noticed the runes as well of the different languages. Well that warning was certainly true enough.

The silky came away from the wall and shook her head. “It hurts to remember that far back Killian. I can try if we really must though.” There was payment for each time she tried to remember something of her past lives. The pain was her punishment she was sure. He took her hand once more as she shivered from the chilly wind. She ran into him and was about to ask him what it said when she realized it was probably just a repeat of something else.

“You and me both. The things we do now are what counts. We are not heartless though like most people think… We just grow used to it. Holes in the heart never really heal… You just learn to adapt to them and make yourself stronger and more capable.” Luna took his advice and stepped away from him while he did his work. She was quick to cover her ears and soon they were on their way into the sealed crypt. “Well, I think that we are in for a bit of a surprise once on the inside of this… I doubt its Gorrick he has been dead for a long long time because of his crimes.”

They explored inside of the sealed tomb. It was large and ornate which surprised Luna because it was so intact. Magic thrived all over through glowing gemstone lampposts to locking mechanisms. As they were walking past a cracked wall it broke open from the shock wave and Luna did not have the time to think about her actions. A mummified corpse fell through at her and she let out a shriek. The silky nearly climbed into his arms as she clung to him. One would think she was used to death but her heart was racing. “Is… Is it dead?” Well… She got an answer when it began to stir and she took her fan and promptly cut it into pieces. “Right… Souls of the damned and forgotten… We should probably be careful.” Her heart was still pounding as she let go of Killian, all except his hand.

Killian

Character Info
Class:
“Oh no, don’t you go hurting yourself. We’ll figure out soon enough, couple of bright sparks.” Something powerful lived down here, he could feel it. They walked into the tomb through the rouble and brick dust. It had been worth the jump, magic was all over. The lampposts made him smile to himself. Delicate and beautiful magical engineering. “Being dead doesn’t seem to be holding people back like it used to.” Killian replied to her about Gorrick.

He had his back to Luna to study something when she shrieked. Killian twisted on the spot as she jumped into his arms. He held her, and for a moment he felt like a teenager. He let her loose as the creature stirred, and she promptly cut it into pieces. “I think you are right.” He replied. With his wand raised in left hand, and right holding Luna’s he headed deeper into the tomb.

“What is that smell?” Killian asked as they walked. “Ahh, stupid nose. This one has been unreliable since the fall of Kaross. Its familiar- The smell, not the war. I suppose the war as well, I did end -”

Click
Killian stopped suddenly like he’d turned into stone. They’d triggered the trap. In that instant he saw it, the sloped corridor, the narrow walls, the perfectly smooth floor – that smell. “RUN!” Killian didn’t wait for her to react, instead he pulled her along by the hand. Behind them the sound of water – lots of water. Just ahead there was a door to the side – he unlocked it with his wand whilst they ran. They burst through the door and with a flourish of his wand the seventeen traps disarmed themselves. Together they held the door whilst the black water sailed past. A moment later the trail was engulfed in fire. It wasn’t water it was oil.

The door glowed slightly as the fire licked it. Killian gave Luna a wide smile. “We are being protected!”

The room went black and Killian found himself pulling Luna close and holding her against his chest. “Or not.” Nothing happened. Slowly he let her go and used his wand to illuminate the room. A simple ball of sunlight spun into existence and floated to the centre of the room where it began to dry them as if they were sat by a river on a sunny day. It was a beautiful piece of magic that Killian had learnt lifetimes ago.

“What?” There was a red string tied around his ring finger. “What is this?” He tried to remove it, but it didn’t budge. Then he noticed the loop around his finger was attached to a delicate thread, his eyes followed it to an identical red ring looped around Luna’s finger. Killian pulled it to snap the connection but only made it longer. He pulled it again and another meter of red thread suddenly existed. “Well this is unusual.” Killian said simply. For the first time in a long time he hadn’t a clue.

Luna

Character Info
“Has it ever?” She snorted a bit considering she had died once already to unfortunate circumstances. She might not have remembered if but there were scars if one looked hard enough.

The intricacies of the room had her almost in a daze before the undead had burst through the wall. Luna found herself in Killian’s arms and it was warm with a feeling of being protected. It was rather nice if for the fact she hardly knew him and their situation. Though it was dark her face had turned a few shades red as he let her go to slay the creature. With their hands together they managed to guide each other deep into the forgotten unknown.

The silky gave him an eyebrow quirk as she listened to him. It was interesting to hear how differently he worked compared to Angela. Both were methodical but in different ways, it seemed. The click made her pause but soon he about ripped her arm off as she was pulled forward to him. “Don’t have to tell me twice!”

Her anxiety was running high as she heard the gushing sound behind them. Gods she wouldn’t make it a second if the room filled. There would be no time to look for a release trigger but it looked like Killian had that in mind as he managed to find a way into another room. Quickly the traps were disarmed and she had her back against the door pushing with him. “That doesn’t sound like water to me…” Now that she could hear it properly. “It sounds heavier…” If that was the right word. She barely got it out before it lit on fire and the heat caused her to jump once more.

Luckily it looked like they had found the one room in the entire underground keep that was protected by magic. There was a relieved smile on her face as she heard Killian’s excitement. Protection? Sounded a bit too good to be true but she let it go.

Only she shouldn’t have.

There was a light ‘eep’ from her lips as the room went dark and the Novella pulled her closely. “Too good to be true,” it came out like a whisper as her moonstone eyes looked for any sort of light in the darkness. She slipped away from him slowly as they listened for any kind of traps. Their eyes were of no use until… There was a small sun-like orb that appeared. Her hair and clothes began to formally dry while her natural curls frizzed into almost a puff. Her hands went up and she tried to tame them. “That’s luck…” At least now it wouldn’t be so cold.

It was Killian’s concerned voice that caused her to turn towards him. Her eyes squinted as she looked towards the red knot on his finger. To her horror, she pulled her own hand and saw a similar one that linked them. “What kind… of a trap is this?” She pulled on her end as well and the string was alright for a moment before it did a banding motion and pulled her into Killian. “Ow,” she lost her balance a bit but at least he had been there to hold her up.

“Right, don’t test its patience… I think that’s the lesson there.” She waved her hand frantically but it didn’t come off as she made a concerned face. “It’s not a spell or an enchantment… Object maybe?” She appeared more flustered as she struggled but eventually she gave up. “Fine, be that way.” She sounded stubborn as Luna gave into the string.

“It… looks like this room is on a timer.” She managed to illuminate the room with more faerie fire and found a rather large hourglass that was slowly draining its sand. “After that… I imagine the enchantment on the room will fade. We should probably take time to rest and relax… I think we’re in for quite the adventure.” Right, back to what she had been doing before the string showed up. “Ugh,” her fingers worked like a comb as she tried to get her hair under more control. “This heat…” It didn’t bother her temperature wise but her hair, on the other hand, was not having it.

Luna finally sat down with a stubborn but defeated look on her face. “So what now? I imagine if we do sleep it wouldn’t be restful at all.”

Killian

Character Info
Class:
Killian caught her carefully as she bounced towards him and helped to steady her. Luna was studying the thread now as well. Nothing happened when he scanned it with his wand – it was like it didn’t exist; only it did exist because he could see it. He could fell it, it was a tangible thing. Very odd trap. As Luna started to busy herself around the room Killian watched the thread grow and shrink to allow for the movement. The Novella couldn’t understand it, and that was incredibly annoying.

Luna drew his attention to the hourglass. This was intended as a safe room – on an automatic timer. Who had built it? Why? Killian couldn’t concentrate. The string was frustrating him and being locked inside a room wasn’t helping.

Her hair was frizzing up, he smiled to himself. “I don’t sleep much anyway waste of time in my book.” Killian explained as he took off his greatcoat and laid it out for them to sit on. “Let me try this.” As Killian pointed his wand at the ball of light imitating a sun; its light changed to become silvery and ethereal. Its heat reduced slightly as its colour shifted to blue.

“I learned this spell when I was a boy.” He said simply. He created another ball of light, this one smaller than the first, and this one had an unearthly green twinkle. The Novella repeated the spell until the room was illuminated by a few dozen tiny stars, each a different size and colour. “I think its one of my favourites.” Killian lay back on the greatcoat and rested his head on his arms with his sapphire eyes focused on the little bobbing lights. “They used to call us Starmen in the beginning. My people. They were great in the beginning; incredible people born of magic, impossible airships and eternal cities.” Killian found himself explaining, it seemed only fair as Luna had opened up so much to him. He trusted her with his life instinctively. Killian had assumed that Angelia had sent her to watch over him to keep him out of trouble, but maybe the Goddess had foreseen something?

“It all went wrong in the end, too much power and they simply flat out refused any responsibilities. Stood aside and watch civilisations rise and fall, dominate and destroy. Then one day there was a war, endless, unwinnable war. The Novella were all destroyed.” Killian looked at her, Angelia had found someone he could confide in. Someone as timeless and brilliant as him. His dangerous smile spread across his face. “Except for me, I ran away! Ha.”

From the pocket of his coat he pulled out a strange looking pipe, it was at least a foot long. He took a drag and blew out a purple dove made of smoke, it flapped its wings and started to orbit the closest ball of light. “You said Angelia sent you to my ship. Do you want to be there? With me? We don’t have to if you don’t want to.” His face had gone a little red.