Roleplay Forums > Valley of Vada > Make Things Right [P/R-EVENT]
DragonTamer

Character Info
Name: Jace Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Draconian -- Humanoid Dragon
Class: Blood mage & Dragon Tamer
Silver: 2328
Horae was a mess. It was overwhelming. He had one job to do, really, and it may have been dangerous, but it was simple, and that was to tame and look after the dragons, drakes and hydras that lived on the island. Oh, and watch after Remedy, that was also part of his job. Well, not really watch over her, it was more complicated than that. But now, the job had become significantly less simple. No thanks to Dalanesca and Xunatar. First the entire island became filled with the cries of lost children, specifically coming from the mountains at the center of the island, and then the parents started arriving. Oh how that stressed the drakes and hydras, and Jace but not near as badly as the ENTIRE island becoming an icy death trap. Jace at least was semi-prepared because it was part of his job to visit the Boreas Dragon of Glaciem, but he had not expected his home in Venti to become a frozen nightmare. The dryads and faeries were miserable, which meant they were crying and complaining. That meant no sleep, for him or Remedy. 

That they managed with. But now they were dealing with the aftermath. And that meant 2 things: frozen bodies, and orphans. Well, rather orphans and lost children. Many of the families had been reunited, and had made their way back to the mainland, but he and Remedy still had at least two dozen children trying to locate their parents. So while he scoured the island for the lost parents who MIGHT not have frozen, Remedy and the small dragons who lived with them tried to care for the children. Unfortunately, Jace found more frozen dead than he did live ones. 

There was simply too much to be done with just himself and Remedy. They had brought the children to Sularia where they knew they would be looked after. IF there was anything good that could be said of the Rosenites that Jace could officially say: they were very good at being motherly. Now they stood with the hopefuls beneath the monolithic structure listening to The Mother and The Reaper. 

Jace was here with Remedy for one reason, to beat the mazes so that Angela would bless Horae and return it back to the state it had been in before the curse of Ruin. Returning the land would have been nice, but if Angela could free the frozen souls a lot of lost children could go home.

The doors opened and Jace looked at Remedy and motioned for them to go. 

On the inside Jace looked at the four orbs. 
"What do you think?"
Remedy

Character Info
Name: Remedy Rose
Alignment: TN
Race: Angelic Rosenite
Class: Avenging Angel
Silver: 2064
Remedy had been very busy helping Jace clear out the bodies and help the children get home. She laid in bed with him and stared over at him. “It’s way too cold for this shit.” Their home had been invaded by the snow and ice. Normally it was so pleasant. Now the weather was going back to normal but they had all these kids which meant that there was very little time for them to confirm what they had.

It was Remedy’s job to get ahold of Angela who would come and get the orphans that they had. The one's confirmed with no parents were taken back to the Red Court and given food, warmth, and most importantly to the Red Queen love.

When the voices came they knew they had to go to Vada to try and get help for Horae. If they could have one wish it would be to help Horae Island. Once they were inside the monolith she looked up at Jace and went over to the scroll on the wall. “We should definitely plan the Love and Life one to be in the middle according to this… We could do the hard one and get it out of the way… Have easy sailing.”

She tilted her head back and looked at him. “The one about love though… We would be facing the people we love the most and have to hurt them. Think we can do that?” She pointed to the trial. “It will be the hardest for both of us…” She thought back to her mother and father. Jace had a lot of demons as well in his closet.

DragonTamer

Character Info
Jace read over the scroll upon the wall and considered what Remedy recommended. "That would be the smart thing. Get the monsters out of the way and have the chance to rest up before we have to face whatever hellish encounters that may be in the very last maze," he replied with a nod. He turned back to the pedestal where the orbs glowed softly and picked up the two darkest orbs. He took a steadying breath before he walked up to the door with the five circular locks. 

"Here goes nothing," he muttered. He pushed the two orbs into the indentations on the wall. The orbs glowed and moved first in a horizontal line until they reached the second smallest of the five locks and rotated until the orbs were at the north and south positions. With a rumble the door slowly opened, and a cool damp breeze blew out across them, ruffling Jace's hair. The inside of the maze was dark, gloomy, and overgrown looking, with the smell of damp and earth heavy on the air. Jace looked at Remedy and offered her his hand. 

"Come on, let's go," he urged before he passed through the door. Once both of them crossed the threshold, the massive double door swung shut behind them with a tremendous BOOM, and they were left in near darkness. 

"Well, no going back now," he said with the faintest hint of a laugh. 
Remedy

Character Info
Getting her bow out Remedy was ready for the worst of it. “I say that we run as fast as we can fight when we have to… This is going to suck ass.” The wind blew her gold locks and she took his hand in her own. “I will try to stop being so sassy towards the maze.” She chuckled a bit.

They stepped into the maze and at first everything was silent. The area was dimly lit. “Jace…” She could hear something under her. “Don’t… panic.” She grabbed him and her wings appeared pulled him up and away. A giant sand wyrm came out from under him.

Her little wings gave out and she let out a squeal as they plummeted down and hit the earth hard. “That… thing might be a fucking problem Jace!” She yelled as they scurried up onto their feet and started to run away. “RUN!”

They held hands as they ducked under a large dragon. “HURRY!” They missed its tail. “We’re going to have to fight.” She threw him into the wall with herself against him as the wyrm came up and basically missed them. “Any ideas?”

DragonTamer

Character Info
Clearly Remedy's tiny little wings were not meant to carry two people. She managed to get them both up and away from the sand worm, but it didn't last. And almost as soon as they had gotten into the sky, they were plummeting back to the earth again, and they landed rather roughly and hard. 

Jace didn't hesitate to grab Remedy's hand as they began to run instead, however, it didn't help that not only was there something beneath their feet now, but something capable of being over head as well. The dragon roared and turned on them in a hurry and began to pursue them as well as the worm. He didn't have time to process what was going on again before Remedy was forcing him back against the wall as the worm shot through the earth again and barely missed them. 

"Ideas? Yeah, don't die," he breathed. He looked at the dragon and at the groove carved in the earth. The walls of the maze were nice and wide. "I could always take my dragon form… not ideal but then neither is the prospect of being eaten," he offered. "Because then I am capable of dealing with the worm, and the dragon might be disinclined to mess with us…"
Remedy

Character Info
“Don’t die is a good idea,” she laughed but it was more out of nervousness. “I would prefer that not happen right at the moment. Can we use the dragon thing as a last resort? Sure but right now even if these walls are wide… If the dragon doesn’t back down I’m going to be caught in the aftermath of it… So… I got an idea. Stay here.”

Remedy took out one of the serrated arrows she had. It had hooked edges and she twirled it. Well, there was only one way this was going to work. “God damn it.” She fought with herself as she left the safety of the wall to attract the beast under the ground. She had to stomp her feet due to how light she was but eventually, the wyrm came up to surprise her.

She jumped in time with the blast of air as her winds held steady. She almost clawed her way onto its fat neck as she took the arrow and sought out its weak spot. Sularian warriors had done this for ages to take down the massive beats. Using the serrated edge she began to dig at its insides as the wyrm let out terrible noises.

She jumped off and landed on her rear near Jace as the wyrm came tumbling down. “I’m not sure if there are anymore… but Grandma Toya taught me that trick.” She was breathing heavily showing she didn’t know if it would actually work. “Now how the fuck are we going to deal with that dragon?”

DragonTamer

Character Info
He didn't have the opportunity to stop her before she was grabbing one of her strange serrated arrows, and was out in the alley stomping around to get the attention of the sand worm. 

"Are you out of mind?!" Jace demanded, keeping his voice low since it was clear that the sand worm attacked by vibrations, and loud sounds caused vibrations. He fell silent and watched in silence as Remedy seamlessly handled the sand worm in a fashion that seemed unorthodox, but clearly worked. However, when she came back to him, a vein was pulsing in his forehead. 

"An idea? An idea on a trick your grandmother taught you? Effective, I grant you, but you've never done that before have you? And you get angry with me for being reckless," he hissed at her, remembering that there might be more. He let out the huffy breath and looked upward at the circling dragon. 

"We'll deal with the dragon my way," he said before he stepped out into the stretch again. He lifted a hand to his lips and whistled loudly to get the dragon's attention. The dragon wasn't quite a dragon, but a full wyvern, which meant its temper would be nastier and it would be a lot more agile. But it also meant that his next trick would most definitely work. Yellow eyes blazed as the wyvern turned on a dime and jetted towards him. Jace used his claw to draw blood from his palm and he poised ready for the on coming dive of the wyvern. As it swooped down low to grab him in its claws, Jace jumped and grabbed onto its neck. It thrashed as he clambered up behind its head. He placed the bloody hand onto the back of its skull and he shouted an dark word. Red flashed through Jace's eyes and hair, and then through the wyvern, stemming from the bloody hand print Jace had left. It reared angrily for a moment before it clearly it calmed and came to land neatly on the ground in front of Remedy. Jace looked at Remedy and smiled. 
"Care for a ride?"
Remedy

Character Info
Remedy gave him a smirk as he called out to her. She was being very loud with her movements thanks to her angelic body. “Well… Did you have a better idea for dealing with the wyrm?” She chuckled at him and tilted her head once the thing was dead. “You sound a bit worried for me.” She kissed his cheek. “I’m sorry… whose boyfriend got eaten by a damn dragon.. Oh, that’s right… Mine.”

She stared at him as he stalked off. Her eyes followed him as he started to be an ass with the dragon. The blood magic made her shocked for a moment she hadn’t seen it since the last time when they were both hurt. The half angel smirked and she took his hand as he pulled her up onto the wyvern. “You sure this thing is safe?” She tilted her head and looked at him. “And I’m the one with tricks up my sleeve now?”

She chuckled a bit more as they took off and looked at the maze from above. The walls of the maze were so high but eventually, they did end. “We’re gonna have problems with the rest of these flying creatures…” She got her bow and notched another arrow. "I might be able to take them out while we fly if I get a stable shot."

DragonTamer

Character Info
At the quip about him being eaten by a dragon, Jace felt it was best to remain silent on the fact that if she thought that day was a bad one, she really didn't want to hear about the other bullshit he had gotten into as a younger boy. He did, however, smirk as she kissed his cheek upon returning from her skirmish with the sand worm. It was his turn to impress, and it was clear he had when she smirked back up at him as he pulled her up on the wyvern's back behind him. 

"Safe? Absolutely not," he commented. "It's a wild beast, so if I lose control of it, be prepared to fight it," he laughed. "Blood magic is easier here for some reason. There's a lot less fear so far…" he explained softly. He looked at his bloodied palm. "I still have to be careful though," he said. He gave the signal and the wyvern took back into the sky, and swiftly began negotiating down turns of the maze. He looked to where Remedy had indicated to other flying creatures. "I hope not. This is hard enough as it is," he said, beads of sweat beginning to form on his brow. "We'll try to keep a low profile, and get as far as we can," he said. Thanks to the wyvern's speed and agility, they were able to travel through a good portion of the maze with little to no interference. 

"Smooth sailin—" they dropped suddenly, the wyvern shrieking in agony as something struck it from below and it fell to the ground sending Jace and Remedy rolling.