All About Marth Coralax
Marth is relatively tall and athletic of stature, clocking in at 6' and roughly 200 lbs. He has drab brown hair, with hints of greying along the edges of his face, which is scarred and a little wrinkled. After his appointment as Redeemer and Destroyer, he walks with a certain degree of swagger and authority, though in the mortal plane he can act rather jumpy as a result of a stress disorder.
Across Marth's body there are scars depicting demonic symbols, sigils, and glyphs, among scenes of torture and mayhem, with the odd inane phrase and word, often associated with some form of evil. These are usually hidden by well-made, beautiful, carefully maintained robes, of the type used by Wyllochvar's Republican Battlemages. He carries a weapon that doubles as a bladed spear and mage's staff, which is carefully maintained despite its extensive use, and has recently begun wearing dragonscale armour for protection. Said armour's cuirass, shoulderpads, and gauntlets are fastened above the robe's torso, while leggings and greaves are fitted beneath the robe's skirt.
Spells and abilities:
Marth has a number of spells and abilities. For simplicity, I'll be categorizing them in a Marth and Reaver section - but either personality can draw upon the full spectrum, though it's rare. here is also listed his draconic abilities and whatever abilities his rank of the Justiciar's high priest incurs.
- Guardian Dragon Lance: A bladed spear with the ability to channel magic like a mage's staff. Allows for a fluid, technical fighting style where physical and magical combat is perfectly intertwined, meaning Marth can easily cast in the middle of combat. The spear shaft is roughly 5'5" long, the blade 1'. Engraved with glyphs and sigils which, when supplied with magic, coats the blade in a blessed aura devastating to demons only. (Sub: Spear+Mage's staff, with "Consecrate Weapon".)
- Might of the Soldier: Hardened in extraordinary, magical conditions, Marth has physical prowess surpassing all but the largest men. (Strength spell)
- Deterrent Jolt: A flash of electricity that can temporarily weaken an enemy as well as dealing damage, usually done for non-lethal fighting purposes. (Lightning+Weaken)
- Dragonhowl: Marth takes a deep breath and spews forth a gout of fire, or a single ball of superheated plastma that explodes on contact. (Fire breath / Fireball+Explosion)
- Fireball Barrage: Marth summons a large amount of small fireballs, which immediately launches themselves in rapid succession - and with a wide spread - towards a target area. Ideal for suppression fire. (Fireball+Blade Spirit)
- Distribution Shield: Upon detecting damage of any kind, Marth's training kicks in, and Marth's magic blood distributes the damage over a larger area, allowing him to recover from damage faster mid-combat, thus improving his resilience and decreasing the risk of suffering critical damage. (Protection spell)
- Demonic stance: A highly offensive, brutal fighting stance using sheer force and dark magic. In this stance, Reaver is difficult to stop, but without targets to assault it quickly loses momentum and leaves plenty of openings. (Barbaric rage+taint weapon)
- Precious, precious mortal: A curse which weakens a target's physical and magaical abilities as a whole while inflicting excruciating pain on its target. (Curse+Pain Spike)
- Hold… still!: On eye contact, Reaver can send a jolt of pain through an enemy, leaving them immobile for a few seconds. Used primarily to keep momentum, or to taunt a fleeing target. (pain spike+paralyze)
- Owchie!: Reaver launches a bolt of pure malice, inflicting damage as the energy resolves on contact and leaving enemies sickened. (Energy bolt)
In this form, Marth's speed, strength, and physical resilience is improved further - however, he will be restricted to fire-type magic only, and the amount of magical energy required to maintain it makes it a time-sensitive transformation.
- Call of the Blinded Scales: Marth may enter the Blinded Scales from anywhere on Revaliir (except dead zones) at will. (portal spell)
- Skybridge: Provided there's a line of sight from the skies or Marth knows the coordinates for any given location, the magical cannon Skylance can transport him to any point in Revaliir. (portal spell)
Skylance Airstrike: By focusing the dark and light energies of the Blinded Scales into the Skylance, Marth can call upon a devastating attack from the heavens that deals immense holy damage. (Conclave's Might)
Brother Martin du Reolar - This man was one of the demon-hunters who subjugated and exorcised Reaver after his year-and-a-half-long rampage. Brother du Reolar lost his father in that battle, becoming Count XVI du Reolar, an event which colours the young man's actions to this day. While he doesn't hold any hard feelings towards Marth, he's prone to hostility should Marth ever display instability. Other than that, he's a dilligent young man (barely 19) and a talented warrior, though his scholarly accomplishments are limited to history and religion. He doesn't like working with Marth for long periods of time, but respects Marth's wish to hunt down dangerous demons, and will usually provide help and resources, and always advice and intelligence. Du Reolar's martial skill lies primarily with the use of lance and tweihander in combination with heavy armour.
Notes: Marth holds the title of "Redeemer and Destroyer", high priest of Dalanesca, the Justiciar. He thus has authority over other clergy in the Justiciar's service, and can invoke Dalanesca's power in a few ways.