Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Sularia > Rule Thy Destiny [R/P]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela E. Rose
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Queen
Silver: 13096
”And you are sure this is what you want to do?

“Yes, I’ve had a long time to think about it now. I have no regrets about my decision.”

”If it were anyone else asking…”

“No one can do what I can do… Not in Arri.”

Angela made her way through the catacombs under the castle in Sularia. Her green eyes were watery but she felt free. For the first time, she was in charge of her destiny. Many oracles passed her but it wasn’t uncommon for the queen to come down to the lower levels. She pulled up her dress as she descended to the lake cavern where rebirth happened in Sularia. She lowered herself to the ground and crossed her legs. “You know if someone had told me years ago that you were floating about down here I would have told them they were damn liars.”

The orbs that freely floated swarmed near her. Her red hair flew up as the wind and magic rushed past her and circled around. Green energy emanated at the center of the swarm as they took a form. A ghostly image of a man with white hair and red eyes. Deeply tanned skin that echoed the woman in front of him. “Surprised it took you this long to figure it out. You are normally sharper than this.”

“Please, I might be Life but I don’t have full control over the dead nor do I ever want to. Life and Death must be fleeting and not wholly controlled. Besides, isn’t it you who should have spoken up to me?”

“When the hell did you get so mouthy,” the man raised his eyebrow and laughed. “I’m your father at least show some respect if not for that then because I’m dead.”

“Like it bothers you any… Mother was the same way.”

“All of you girls are like that but Cathrine… I supposed she lives up to her namesake.”

“Serious? Overbearing? Like our grandmother?”

“Aye.”

“She’s a bore…”

“Oh please. Cathrine is the only one who keeps all of you in line. Like an elder sister should.” There was a smirk but gradually it faded into a frown. “I regret making you girls grow up faster than you should have. You girls took on the weight of the world… and you especially.”

Angela’s eyes narrowed a bit and she shook her head. “It was a war-torn time Father. You more than anyone know that. Us growing up fast and becoming the leaders that would be needed was an absolute necessity. You’ve done nothing wrong besides you still got Toya.”

“Nope. Not gonna take responsibility for that one. You and your sisters get all the credit for how she is.” He smirked a bit. “So, you must have a reason for seeking me out all the way down here.”

“Yes, I want to tell you about something…”

The hours and days would roll by as the two spoke. She was immortal while he was the deceased who needed no breath, sleep, or food to be on the earth. The door to the lake during this time would not open for anyone and many were worried but it was on the fourth day during midday when everyone heard the door finally unlock from its magic hold.

Angela emerged and made her way quietly through the catacombs back to the surface. “Angela?” It was Bryony who took hold of the goddess’s arm. “What is happening?”

“I’m sorry my dearest old friend but I will not allow the spirits to tell any of you… Please summon all of my children home but Cassia… Matter of fact send for all Rosenites. It is time to come home just for a moment.” Angela’s voice was quiet as she broke her arm away from the elder oracle. “Do this one thing for me.”

“Gods you make it sound like you are dying.” Bryony rolled her eyes but complied. It was troubling as Angela had always been forthcoming with her plans. However, the oracle had seen the sadness and resolve in the goddess. Just what was she planning?

The arrangements were made and everyone was called home. Those who could not make it were lent oracles who would show them. This was important and no call like this had ever been done before in mass.

On the chosen day, Angela made her way through the crowded streets. Her sisters stood with Kirika at the very front of the crowd. She climbed the stairs of the castle in silence as she found a higher balcony so she could talk to all.

“What the hell is going on,” Toya frowned as she tapped her foot.

“We will have to wait to hear what she has to say.” Cathrine shrugged but even the sisters were uneasy as they saw the elder goddess come out finally and look down upon them all. Willow had made her way out to the girls and stood with them. “Do you know?”

“I’m afraid that the only one who knows anything is Angela herself.” Willow looked equally uneasy.

After a few moments magic was used to create an effect so everyone could hear her. “Thank you for coming home in such short notice… and to those that could not make it I thank you for at least listening to me.” Angela took hold of the balcony and she gripped letting her knuckles go white. The normally confident goddess looked scared for only a second before the resolve came back.

“I’ve been thinking for a long time now how my immortality has stifled not only my views on mortality itself but how that might also cloud my vision for how this kingdom needs to be run.” There was a short pause as she turned her eyes to her sisters. “My dearest sisters and niece who rule knowing that their life could snuff out at any point must make decisions that would be smart not only for their lives but also for the people of their court. I lack that. Many people in my position would take advantage of it and use their immortality to overcome obstacles that many could not or would not risk it. That is foolish and not the road that I want to lead this court down… No, this country.”

There were whispers as Toya’s eyes got a bit wide. She had an idea of where this was going but…

”Why do you think you must do this?”

“You tell me. All of my life I have been led to the path I need to take. Destiny has had a firm grasp on me leaving me with no choices of my own. The same can be said for this place… Couldn’t it? Mortality is needed for a race to survive. We grow wiser and smarter from our life and death experiences but I’ve only had one over the course of my life. My very long life…”

”And… Do you think–”

“That’s why I’ve chosen to no longer be the queen of the Red Court,” Angela spoke with confidence.

The crowds erupted in panic, fear, and anger. She let the chaos continue only for a few moments. “SILENCE,” her voice boomed as the earth shook with the force of her god powers. The voices silenced all at once. One could hear a pin drop even in the distant market streets as everyone looked up to the goddess. “Do you see how I quaked the city with little effort? Do you see how I could easily not only kill my sisters but take everything from you without even blinking? THAT is not the kind of power we need for a leader. A leader must be able to relate to their people. A leader must be able to put themselves in their people’s place. I’ve not been able to do that for some time but I needed to make sure I could pass my mantle without fear.”

”that he is ready for this task?”

“Fresh eyes are always such a relief… He is young but he has much to learn still. I think that even with him lacking the knowledge he needs that this is the best course. He will get to grow with his people. My son is strong and courageous. Most importantly he can relate to them more than I ever could. If he were to step out of line he could be dealt with. I think… That’s what Sularia needs right now. Dalanesca killing me was a blessing because it opened my eyes to the man he has become. That he is ready for the task even if he himself does not think so… but honestly,” a smirk came to her face, “who is ever really ready? Only liars say they are.”

”…mmm…”

Angela’s father looked at her as she told him her plan. “And this is what you want?”

“Yes, I think it is about time that Sularia had another new leader. One who has a different idea than us boring old ladies. I’m the only one who can do this without dying. So it needs to be me and honestly, the responsibilities off my shoulders wouldn’t be terrible either.”

“Careful Angie, some might think you are less vain than you tend to come off.”

“Well, I suppose we can’t be having that… Now can we Father?”

Angela’s green eyes stared down at everyone. “I’ve relinquished my Himiria shard and my ties to the earth magic of this place. Tomorrow at the start of midday Lucian Rose will be crowned King of the Red Court. He will take the trial and he will take my power. What we need more than anything is what Lucian has to offer. He will guide you all and I believe with all of my heart that he is ready to try. He might not be the king material we need just yet but I believe if you grow with him as a nation that he will become the power you all need.”

Toya rolled her shoulders a bit and put her hands on her hips. “Don’t you think he’s too greenhorn for this?” She was oddly serious and not lashing out at her sister. “I have my doubts he is ready.”

“I will step down but maintain an adviser role for Lucian. I will make sure that he understands everything as he gains new questions. I’ll also be teaching him medical skills though he might not be overly talented with it. The point is, he will learn. He will grow. He will guide you.”

Her eyes sought out her son and she smiled. “My dearest son… You who were the sun to my moon who is your twin. Your time has come. You will begin this new era for our house and for our court. My pride and my joy… That’s what you are. I have the utmost confidence in you and your abilities. If I did not I would not be doing this right now.”

”Very well, I shall take my powers from you and the shard as well. Lucian is a good candidate and I’ve already accepted him once. If his heart remains as it was so long ago he will pass this time as well.”

“I will miss your voice, my friend.”

”Like you couldn’t talk to me after this… Dramatic as always.”

“I would like to think of it like cheating… after all, he should be the only one who can speak to you like this.” Angela had tears in her eyes as she held herself together. “I’ve never been the best at giving things up and I’m rather selfish.”

”You are passionate like the court you represent not selfish. Do not stray from this path but do write your own chapters from now on. This might hurt… Even for you.”

“Goodbye, my old friend…” She felt the earth spirit leave her presence all at once. She blinked her eyes shut as tears rolled down her cheeks. “Maybe we will meet again…”

Angela smiled down at Lucian and chuckled. “Besides when I lost Earth as a domain and gained Love I felt like I overstepped Lily quite a bit. Balancing out the courts would be good don’t you think? Boy, take this mantle I am giving to you and make it your own. Step out of my shadow and forge your path because tomorrow you are king and everything that sparkles green and silver is yours now. My legacy is not yours to continue but to learn from and write your own. This will be my last speech as Queen of the Red Court. I will forever love this place, my people, and our way of life. And because of those things, I will continue to protect our home but I will not do so as a ruler… That is not an immortal’s place.”

Angela went into a low bow as she closed her eyes. “Please take care of my son and help shape him. He will need everyone’s help as he learns. He is a good boy, no a man so make sure he stays on the right path.” After she came back up from the bow she silently left and stayed by herself for a while.

The queens turned to Angela’s successor. “You got a long way to go Kid but we’ll help you get there.” Toya put her hand on her hip stubbornly. “But don’t think we’ll go easy on you just because you are new.”

“Oh behave…” Cathrine shook her head.

“I believe in Aunt Angela and believe she made the right choice for herself and Sularia.” Kirika gave Lucian a smile.

“At least things will be interesting for a long time to come,” Lily shrugged her shoulders.

“Guide these people with all of your heart. I too believe Angela made the right decision. It must have been bothering her for a long time now.” Willow gave a smile and looked up at the castle. “Only she could do something like this. Anyone else asking would have been suicide. To forcibly rip the spirit from its vessel is to kill yourself and lose a part of yourself. Remember the sacrifice your mother has made and learn from it.” Willow made her way back into the castle to have a few words with Angela before the Goddess departed from the city.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela has the power to heal wounds/resurrect on command.
2. Angela can bring out someone's inner love.
3. Angela can peer into your thoughts be it for desires, artifacts you seek, and earthly knowledge you might have.
Also: If you check Angela's temple you can see she can make Artifacts! Temporary for plot or if you have a custom item voucher I can whip up something for that!
Angela's complete family tree is in her temple! (Alternate link is in my profile)

Lucian Rose

Character Info
Name: Lucian Rose
Alignment: LG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Red Court Lord
Silver: 30
The first thing that came across the young man’s mind was: Was she about to die yet again!? The news of her stepping down from her role as the Red Queen didn’t make any sense for him and certainly there was an outcry from the public once they learned this. Sure enough, there was but she had quickly squashed this and made her reasoning known. Lucian had been up front the whole time, trying to come to terms with this since he had already known that he would be picking up from where Angela left off, but still- it was all happening and all at once.

He did feel a little unnerved when his name was announced and immediately he felt all those eyes from the crowds fall upon him. His family, who were usually scattered about all over the realm, and the people that took residence here. His own father attended but from afar, this wasn’t the sort of business he had anything to do with and was here for support for his only son. Gods, did his mother really have to pull this out?

The lack of faith in some was expected and understandable; hell even he wasn’t too sure that he’d be capable of being an effective leader. Lucian had been working hard to learn everything he needed to one day accept his position, but he expected that he would have more time before this would happen. Looks like fate had other plans for him and Sularia. At the very least, his mother was willing to work alongside him to guide their court in the right direction. His eyes questioned her when it came to the medical skills that she would be teaching him. That was one subject that he severe lacked in since he had been so focused on swordplay.

And he still had to learn all the siblings he had!

“I’ll try my best, Mother.” It took a lot of courage to get that much out of him as he felt the weight of the world on his shoulders. It would be up to him, his mother, and the other Queens to see to it that he ruled as just as possible. He would need support from his people as well, and offer them that very same thing. “You aren’t dying again, are you?”, he asked, slightly annoyed in his tone. Of course, she knew of their deal should she did something like the last time she had “perished” again.

He thought of the trial and how it threw him out immediately when it was discovered that she hadn’t died. What was to come for him now that she had relinquished the title? Would he be able to survive this? His mind raced, but his heart was sure that he would succeed. And from there, he had a long path of hard work to conquer. His mother left and it was just him and all the others now. He turned around to listen to his aunts and cousin before finally his great grandmother. “I wouldn’t think that this would be easy. My knowledge for this has been growing but there’s still so much to learn. But despite that, I will fill my head with all that I can get ahold of if it means to see our society prosper and flourish. I haven’t been here since the beginning of Arri and I will not be the end of it either. I’ll make you all proud.”

Or he’d die trying to.