Naota
Deity

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Deity
Class: Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 11954
Three years.  It had been nearly three years since the two had met, and they were coming up on their second year of being romantically involved.  It had taken so long for him to work up the nerve to even admit to himself that he wanted to ask her such an important question…Naturally it had been Angela he’d confided in.  Though The Mother wouldn’t have had it any other way with her stubbornness.  It was comforting really.  Especially since he hadn’t even spoken to his own mother about the matter.  While he had been able to work through his issues with vampirism and the Rosenites, she and most of his family had not.

His absence from the organization since his ascension had only widened that emotional chasm.  This was different though, and while not officially a marriage request, it was the next closest step to it.  A wedding never seemed in the picture for someone like him, not with all the troubles that came with being in a relationship with him…but now that he and his daemon had split from each other, literally, all sorts of things seemed possible now.  Either way, with how quiet he was by nature, a hand fastening always seemed more appropriate.  Angela dreamed of a great wedding and he enjoyed hearing her input and seeing the excitement in her eyes, so that was something he would leave to her.  This had to happen first though, for if Echo didn’t even feel comfortable with a hand fastening then he wouldn’t want to burden her with formal marriage.

A bond through water seemed the most appropriate, and Jasumin Lake even more so.  It’s where their life together, really together, had started after all.  And while his airship was back in Suisho no Kyuden, he still remembered fondly to when it had been anchored here.  Strange to think about how long ago that felt, all of it…That was a whole other lifetime ago considering what had happened between then and now: he wasn’t even the same being anymore.

Presently he was sitting under one of many of the large trees that were responsible for the constant autumn.  The stone gazebo was just in his line of sight on the other side of the lake, and he leaned back comfortably against the bark.  It was so similar to where he had been when Lily had visited him to ask him to watch after Echo, though that had been in a different place the autumn feel was uncanny. 

He had left Echo in their private chambers, asleep, in Suisho no Kyuden with only a note and a dress that he knew would be a fight for her to put on.  His main regret was that he wouldn’t get to see her displeased face at seeing the garment and he smiled here just imagining it.  But the note held instructions: follow the portal left open only to her in their bedroom, with said dress on, and promise of a new weapon if she came through with the dress on.

Though dresses weren’t exactly something Echo enjoyed wearing, this one had been made specifically for her: with drapes of white and gold, accents of red to honor the Rose of her name and well placed crystals that had been crafted directly from Kessho no Niwa, The Crystal Garden.  There were even thin bands on the inside for any weapons she might want to have on her person.  And though one might not think it from looking, should she have to move about quickly then the fabric could move with her comfortably enough to go through a brawl.  So much was this dress like her: beautiful, but dangerous as hell.

Even if she said no, he’d still want her to have it.  At least then she’d have something to wear whenever someone forced her to something formal.  Services of the Rosenites had been offered, but he’d turned all of them down.  Yes he would want Angela’s offering for the hand fastening ceremony, but he wanted Echo to say ‘yes’ first.  Bringing her here with someone already in preparation to perform the ceremony was too cruel: it would put her on the spot, and he couldn’t do that.  So for now he was alone…but ever ready to contact Angela should Echo say ‘yes’.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Echo-Rose

Character Info
Name: Echo-Rose La Reine Victoria
Race: Elven Rosenite
Class: Head Mage of Yellow Court
Silver: 473
Sleeping well into the morning was pretty much Echo’s game at this point. Naota knew her sleep schedule like the back of his hand. She was more nocturnal and they had been working on changing that. She woke up and her white hair was everywhere. Curls were pointing up, down, sideways, and she thought she was eating it at that point. Spitting it out Echo lazily got out of their large bed and put her hand down on the stand next to her to help herself balance. Her fingertips felt the parchment underneath and she suddenly woke herself up enough.

She tilted her head and blew hair out of her sight. Amber eyes were looking at the folded paper for a while before she pulled it up and unfolded the note. It was normal for him whenever he went somewhere to leave her note but this time her amber eyes were filled with not only curiosity but displeasing glares. He was probably purposely not there so he didn’t have to deal with her and this dress situation. Which made it harder because she only had the air and the emptiness of the room to argue with. The nerve, but he was at least smart about it.

The contraption that Naota had especially made for her was held up by her two slender hands. She had a twisted look on her face that even the most displeased person in the entire world could have been proud of, not to mention jealous that someone could look more displeased than they could. Muttering to herself, she attempted to get in the dress and get all the bells and whistles tied, buttoned, whatever. Finally, in frustration, she gave up and started to brush out her hair. EVEN that was defying her as the white curls shot up in a distressed bedhead. Naota would have been displeased if she looked like she had just rolled out of bed and into the dress.

Mumbling she walked awkwardly down to the main floor and peaked out. “Kayla, hey.” She was hiding behind a pillar as she looked towards a young priestess that Naota had in the temple. When the low voice didn’t get her attention Echo brought up her emergency tool, her pillow. She threw it with force and knocked the priestess over. “Kayla.”

The girl got up and stared at her. “Lady Echo?! What are you doing?” Echo gave the girl the note. 

“I can’t get it right… My hair is being terrible and I don’t know what else to put on with it.” She cried softly as Kayla looked on with pity.

“My Lord certainly does like to torment you doesn’t he.” Echo pathetically nodded and the priestess laughed. Taking the Lady of the House into another room she slowly helped Echo straighten out all the strings and buttons on the new dress. With expert hands, she did Echo’s hair up and pinned it with lots of crystals. “This should please him greatly. Hopefully, he keeps his word.”

Echo was looking displeased even more as makeup was applied to her. “This is so bad.” She groaned and Kayla laughed hard. For being the Lady of the House, Echo certainly was not a lady.

Once she was done getting done, Echo went through the portal and came through. She awkwardly grabbed at the beautiful garment she wore. Her amber eyes were staring Naota with at least a smile but the displeased stare from earlier was still there, at least a shadow of itself. “This is all very formal… All this for a weapon?” She pulled at the fabric and stared at him again.

Echo-Rose Ellisiana La Reine Victoria - one of the Duchesses of Sularia
She is the Lady of the House for the God Naota, her husband.

It's the hunger that keeps me alive
This time, I'm coming like a hurricane, this time
OOC: Brittlez
Naota
Deity

Character Info
As the portal opened up, seemingly out of thin air, he turned his head to watch a clearly disgruntled Echo-Rose walk through.  The dress fit her well and he could tell by how it was properly put on and how her hair had been set that she had received help.  All of a sudden his heart slammed into his chest, so much so that his head felt light, but he tried his best not to show it on his face as he pushed up from the leaf strewn ground.  Though she didn’t like dresses, he was glad that she had worn this one, even if it was to only get a weapon.

He walked over to her, eyes softening as he drew closer and the emerald deepened to rich amethyst as he gently rested his hands on her shoulders, “Yes, all of this for a weapon.”  Leaning down, he gently kissed her nose and then lifted his head back up.  Of course it was for much more than that, but nerves were getting to him so much that the words weren’t coming correctly to ask her. 

Instead what came out was, “Will you walk with me for a few minutes…?”  Careful not to shift the dress too much, he gently moved his hands from her shoulders and looped one arm around her waist as he started to lead them towards the bridge. 

The gazebo was on the other side of the lake and was his destination.  Usually he would simply flicker there through the rays of light, but he wanted to take his time today…Some might call it stalling, but he couldn’t recall a time he’d been so uncertain in a nonlethal situation. 

As they walked he spoke, “Echo, how do you feel at the temple…?”  She’d lived there for some time now, but it hardly compared to a lifetime were she to say ‘yes’ to his proposal.  He continued, “Are you happy there?”  While his tone was calm, his heart was still pounding against his ribcage so hard that he feared someone might be able to hear it.  The lightness in his head had hardly even subsided.

God Rules:
Echo-Rose

Character Info
Echo tilted her head and suddenly the displeased look on her face was gone. “Are you alright? You don’t sound yourself.” She snuggled up to him and giggled as he kissed her nose. She was so happy now, she had practically forgotten that the dress was a thing. She nodded softly to him and snuggled him as they walked. 

With her arm looped around Naota she thought about his question rather… a long time. She looked up at him once in a while to show that she wasn’t upset nor angry, she was just looking for the words. “I’m happy Naota. I’m not used to happy this is all very happy. Nothing makes me happier than waking up next to you and I have the Nightmares. Kayla helps me when I really need it.” It was obvious she got help as she blushed softly.

“I feel safe there. Our room is the safest place I’ve ever been and that is relaxing for me. I’ve lived a dangerous life up until we moved into the temple and I’m happy about it.” She thought she could hear his heart as her elven ears twitched softly. “Are you alright?” Her fingers played with his skin as she thought about how to praise the next thing on her mind. "I don't really act like the Lady of a God's house but I am trying. I know you don't ask anything more of me than I can handle. Sometimes it's hard when people ask me what to do because I don't know and I have to be fast on my feet for them. I'm not used to it." She gave a smile so he knew that she was alright with that, though.

Naota
Deity

Character Info
Her words helped as they walked, but now the nerves shifted to worry of having to ask the actual question.  His eyes softened as they continued to the bridge, and he lead them to walk along it.  Though he was listening to her, his eyes either stayed forward or on the still water of the lake, “I’m all right, just have a lot of thoughts moving through my head at the moment…”  Some very, ver big thoughts.  She was happy, and he was glad of it, but even happy people didn’t want to go through a ceremony with each other.

Looking over at her, he spoke about how she was handling her ‘duties’ as Lady of the temple, “Echo-Rose, I don’t expect anything more from you in our home than for you to be yourself.  Everything else will fall into place.  I’ve heard no ill word of you there and even if I had, then the only thing I would be concerned about is someone having a harsh tongue towards you in our home.” 

Which was true, but thusly no such words had been spoken.  Suisho no Kyuden was still young yet when it came to the temples of Revaliir, so he knew that things wouldn’t stay this peaceful forever.  Until that day came though, he’d enjoy the solitude and sanctuary he had created for not only others, but himself and his family as well.

As they reached the middle of the expansive bridge he started to slow their walking, though he didn’t stop; he just didn’t want to reach the gazebo too quickly or end their stride too soon before he’d even had a chance to ask.  His eyes moved down to the bridge, looking at it now instead of at her or even forward, “There’s actually something I’ve been wanting to ask you, but I haven’t been entirely sure how to do so.”  His voice grew softer.  This was how it was going to happen and he didn’t want to be looking at a foot bridge for it.

So now the amethyst of his eyes lifted back up to meet her amber ones.  No matter what her answer might be, he reminded himself to be happy.  Being gentle, he moved his arm from her and gently rested one hand on her hip, his other hand however gently held under her chin.  An entire future could be seen in her eyes, and he had to blink to not get too absorbed in the possibilities.  His thumb gently brushed along the line of her jaw before he slowly knelt down on one knee: both of his hands now taking one of her small ones,

“I cannot think of another person I’ve put so much of my trust into, nor can I imagine another messy bedhead I’d rather wake up to.”  His eyes softened with the smallest of smiles, thinking about how tumbled she was every time she woke up, “And I can tell you this: I’ve fought things more terrifying than any job, each struggle and insecurity or dance with death has all led me to this one moment.  This most important moment.  And I know that I would go against everything all over again for the rest of my life if I knew that I’d always have you to go home to, that you would be by my side in heart.” 

His eyes searched hers, a pressure was starting in his chest, a longing ache that wouldn’t subside, “Echo-Rose Ellisiana La Reine Victoria…will you please do me the honor of being my wife…?”

God Rules:
Echo-Rose

Character Info
Echo gave him a soft smile and shook her head. “I want to be helpful to you and that means being helpful to everyone in the temple as well. I am your lady after all and that should come with certain responsibilities even if you do not have to hear it.” He was still use to thinking of her as fragile sometimes. “Even if someone was harsh with me I would hope that they could take it back. I’m not a flower Naota.”

As they walked down the bridge she tilted her head and let her amber eyes study him for a moment. “If you have something to ask isn’t it better to do it with words?” She chuckled a bit but she was taken aback when he held her chin. She gave him a smile but it was all but gone as he got down on that one knee.

She wasn’t stupid. She had seen this dozens of times before from Lily’s suitors to.. oh god. Her face went red as she realized she wasn’t looking in this time. She was watching him and she was a loss for words. Some noises left her mouth as she was completely stunned but her eyes remained locked on him. “Are you absolutely sure you want someone like me?” He could have had any one, he was a god now. The words left her lips quickly. 

“Yes.” It was a single word that she had the most trouble getting out. It wasn’t that she didn’t want it. It was that she wanted it a lot and she didn’t know exactly how to phrase. “Are you sure I could do the wife thing? I can barely do the people thing.” She was unsure of herself and that was one thing that she wanted to change.

Naota
Deity

Character Info
A surprised breath escaped him, the smile on his face growing from her first comment which he only nodded to; anticipation was growing for her answer but so far the outlook was positive.  When she said yes he felt all of the weight rise from his chest and subconsciously pulled her closer by her hand he held within his own.  Bringing her hand up, he gently kissed the top of it, over her knuckles, down the tops of her fingers, before standing up.  One hand kept hers, but his other arm slowly looped around her waist to keep her close.

“Yes Echo…I’m very sure you can, as you say ‘do the wife thing’.  The only requirements for that are love, respect, and honesty…all of which you’ve already fulfilled, and I’ve tried to do the same.  There are no other expectations in my eyes other than that…I just want you.  And for you to be happy, for you to let me make you happy for the rest of your life…”  His words softened to a whisper as he bent his head towards hers and lightly pressed his lips to hers.  His eyes closed with it and he enjoyed the feel of her lips against his own for only a moment before pulling back, though he rested his forehead to hers.

“Marriages are so very formal, and if you would like to have one then we can…But if you will, we could have a hand fastening today, something smaller, more private.  Whichever you want, one, the other, both even…”  His nose slowly moved against hers before tipping his head and kissing her cheek, lips resting there for only a second or two after before straightening himself back up to open his eyes down on her.  She was so lovely, brutal, smart and fierce…and she had said ‘yes’.

God Rules:
Echo-Rose

Character Info
His smile was more akin to that of a child opening up a present. The more the smile grew the more Echo seemed to blush at his excitement. Did he think that she would honestly say no to him? It was a possibility considering the type of man he was but her look softened even more as he kissed her hand. She was all set to start the emotional tears when he reassured her that she could in fact do this wife thing.

“Oh, Naota,” She dragged it out as if he was being overbearing for a moment. “You know damn well you are one of the most virtuous people I know. Aside from Lily who is aglow with holy magic, you are next to her. Even more so now that you are a god of light.” She scolded him only lightly as she reached up and kissed him back. 

A blush seemed to flourish more across her sun-kissed skin as she heard his words. “I would love that. Something small and just the two of us. We can spring it on everyone else later. I’m sure Angela would forgive us this one time… Lily on the other hand… We might as well give her our first born.” She chuckled softly. “I don’t know how she will take not being invited though she knows I am the private type.” She thought about Lily like she was her mother and gave Naota a smile. “Still, just the two of us sounds just fine.”

She looked out at the lake and smiled. “A hand fastening here would be perfect. You and me… with the autumn lake around us. It’s a dream. I would love that Naota.”

Naota
Deity

Character Info
Looking down at her, he thought about the very long conversation he had with Angela and how he had wanted to do this proposal alone.  But, he knew she was still on standby for if Echo had said yes…And she had.  Was now a good time to bring that up, or would she want it to remain private?  As introverted as he was, he didn’t like the idea of her not having her loved ones there to share this with.  He brought both hands up, gently holding her face in them as he spoke, “You know…If you’d like, Angela could be here in mere seconds.” 

A sheepish smile formed on his lips, “She’s been aware of this for some time now.  The proposal I mean.  I wanted to ask you on my own, just the two of us…but she could be here for the fastening.  She had even told me about someone that could do the fastening for us.”  His eyes searched hers for a moment, “Whatever way you want this to go, we can do…We both know I don’t need to say how private of a person I can be.”  His smile grew for a moment before continuing,

“But, I can fully understand wanting loved ones there, even if it’s just two…or one.  In all reality I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if Angela was able to have her ear against the door to this situation already.  So to speak.”  

God Rules:
Echo-Rose

Character Info
Echo smiled up at him. “So what are we waiting for then? We could tell her right now and get married.” She was blushing at the thought of being so forward with her words but it was something she wanted. The incident with the dress was making a whole bunch of sense now.  She shook her head to him and smiled. “Just us, we can always throw a party later or something to celebrate with everyone.” It was always just them, why would that change now? Her father would forgive her, they were both such private people.

The snap of fingers resounded in the area as a person dropped just above them. The half-robed person stood up and brushed herself up. “You’re a damn asshole Ang… All I said was, sure I can marry them. You didn’t have to go drop me on my damn ass!” The oracle was shaking her fist as her blue eyes looked at the two of them. “I was relaxing and suddenly “Bryony can you do a water fastening? Yes? Okay. DROP.” Bryony rolled her eyes lightly.

Echo began to giggle lightly. “You are always getting yourself into trouble Lady Bryony.” The oracle gave a sly smile back at Echo as she got closer to the two of them.

“A water fastening is one of the best marriages we do in Arri. Most just get married by Angela because to be married by a god is eternal. Gods are not eternal but Spirits? They are. Echo tell me about the spirits of Arri.”

Thinking hard finally Echo found her words, “The spirits of Arri is the ebb and flow of the life cycle of the desert. They have always been and are said to always will be. They are seen as the true eternals for no matter how many times they are born and die.. they return to the flow.”

Bryony nodded and looked at Naota with a smile. “We use to do water fastenings a lot before Angela became a goddess. Now it’s all about her, well not today. I imagine she wants me to do it for the sake of the spirits. You are a god Naota and as such you should not be bound by another god.” Bryony turned out and looked at the lake. Her dark hair and skin were shining in the autumn light. “We can start on the bridge. Normally I would do it in the water but I don’t want to ruin clothing that doesn’t need to be ruined.” She gave them both a wink. “Either way this will work out perfectly.”