Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > A Good Day: RUINED [p]
arcanum

Character Info
Name: LeSilve
Alignment: CN
Race: Aerkai
Class: Some dude
Silver: 1128
He'd been here before. Back when he was still scared of being recognized and wore a mask as a flimsy disguise. Nowadays, he no longer wore a mask, but gods was he ever still scared - no, terrified - of being recognized. He should've just wandered off to one of those other worlds the books always spoke of, he thought. Should've hermitted away where no one could find him. But noooo, he'd gone to the tavern and been badgered enough, so he flipped a coin and here he was on another whirlwind adventure. Go on, throw yourself into peril anew, they'd said! It'd be fun, they'd said!

Rats. He spat. Rotten lying bastards. This was the least fun he'd had in a long time. As much as he loved ruins, he cared little for being soaked, and he'd been cursed with some stupid rain cloud over his head ever since leaving Adeluna. Try though he might, he'd been unable to undo the hex, and so had made do. As he approached one entrance to the ruins, disgruntled as he was about his whole predicament, he gave pause: something was amiss. Someone lurked at the edge to the entrance.

He walked by, eyeing them down the entire time with brows furrowed in an open display of suspicion.

Then the other spoke up: "It says ‘Danger.’" The guy waved to a sign. "I wouldn’t go in there.”

With a roll of his eyes, Frey - along with his rain cloud - walked past, 

and then not two minutes later, as he swore under his breath and fell forward, he felt the ground giving way beneath him.

Rotten lying bastards. Next time he laid eyes on them, if he survived this…

Vyse

Character Info
Name: Vyse
Race: Kitsune (possessing human body)
Class: Assassin
Silver: 339
Talk of darkness that snuffed out non-magical light, danger in the form of unknowable beasts, and treasure beyond the imaginings of mortals. None of these really registered with Vyse, once a feared assassin known for jet black feathered wings. He was… different now, to say the least; his angelic host body had been ripped apart slowly over the course of what seemed countless millennia on his trip to this world and had taken a new host. Once copper colored hair was now black and an angel’s form was replaced by that of a young human. The eyes, gold and crimson ever blending, were all that remained the same. It had taken some getting used to, but he was finally growing accustomed to this form. In spite of all the changes to his appearance, he was the same as he ever was.

Intrigue had led him to this place, though nothing more than passing fancy. He still had no care for riches, no want of power or to prove himself. Instead he sought excitement and experience; this was a new world! There was so much to explore! And so he’d followed rumors and tales.

The sound of a solid thud and falling earth drew Vyse from his wonder and awe. He turned a corner and rushed silently down the corridor to stumble upon a sight he’d never expected. There was a man with a skeletal left arm stumbling about and grumbling. The kitsune’s eyes widened and a great grin spread across his face.

“Frey,” he exclaimed, secrecy be damned, “Frey! It’s you! What are you doing here!? How are you? Do you know where we are? How’d you get to this world? How’s the family? What’s that little nephew of yours been up to? Is he still terrified of ‘The Bird Man’ by chance? Did he tell you he beat me good in a tournament!? Hey, you know you’ve got a little cloud raining on you.”
arcanum

Character Info
Name: LeSilve
Race: Aerkai
Class: Some dude
Silver: 1128
He'd survived, all right, and that meant those fellows in the tavern would be in for a rude awakening when next Frey could fit a visit into his schedule. The worst part about falling wasn't even the bruises he could already feel swelling on his rump - it was the fact that the rain cloud had deigned follow him the whole way down. "Talk 'bout adding insult to injury," he muttered darkly, and might have gone on were it not for a sudden interruption. The second he heard his name he tensed and jumped about to face this unexpected newcomer, left arm raised at the ready in case he needed to attack or defend.

He stayed like that a good moment whilst he listened to the other's excited chatter and attempted to parse it. Little by little, as Vyse spoke, Frey dropped his arm and settled instead for staring blankly in confusion, his complete lapse of recognition perhaps not as evident as he hoped.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he sighed, then looked back up. "Sir, please, just… one thing at a time, shall we?" His pain forgotten for the time being, he continued: "We are beneath what they call the Ancense Ruins, or that is my best guess. And yes, I am well aware I've got a little cloud raining on me." There. That was everything impersonal answered. As for the rest… the stranger might have to pry it out of him, for he'd no intention on sharing for free.

"I have no idea what 'Bird Man' or tournament you're referring to. And I'm afraid I have no idea who you are, though you somehow seem quite familiar with me."

With that out of the way, he slowly started down the direction opposite that the stranger had arrived from. If the other insisted on talking, fine, but Frey still had things to do down here. This was just a step beyond his worst fears come to life - the man seemed friendly enough, but that could just as easily be a ruse, a trick to get him to lower his guard. Nope. Not happening.