Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > There be Gold in them Hills [event][p]
Akori Renu

Character Info
Name: Akori Renu
Alignment: CG
Race: Kitsune
Class: Bard & Thundermage
Silver: 538
"I think all the endless praise, grovelling, and inflated sense of self do something weird to their brains," Akori replied with a disdainful flick of her hand, "Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means going to undersell myself just to appear humble, but having that much of an ego just isn't right, you know? People acting like you're infallible, looking to you to sort all their problems, all that? That's a recipe for disaster, and even I can see that." The kitsune frowned, and peered ahead into the darkness. She didn't usually get this worked up about things, but divinities, beings acting all so high and mighty because of a twisting of fate - it just didn't sit well with her. No-one was better than anyone else, no matter what titles they gave themselves, what powers and abilities they had. They were all getting through life best as they could, and to act like you were better because you had sycophants falling over themselves to praise you just rubbed the free-spirited kitsune the wrong way.

Not at all because religions and gods could easily disrupt any of her meticulously planned out pranks with a flick of a hand. That had nothing to do with it.

Still, she listened as Kythe mentioned that the gods she had heard of weren't so bad - she had even met one who hadn't had his head up his own arse. If someone who hated gods enough to put themselves to no small effort to kill one didn't mind them, that spoke volumes for the deities of this world.
"Well, in that case, you might have to introduce me. Never met a god who didn't have a complex  - be nice to have a different experience!" she said, flashing a grin at the other woman. Just as suddenly, her mirth vanished, and her head snapped back forwards, towards a creaking, dry shuffling sound.
Silently, she pulled her sword from her belt, and made sure to move out of Kythe's way. No doubt the winged woman was a more formidable fighter than she, so she'd allow her to get the first hit in - if indeed it was something warranting hitting coming toward them. It could be just another adventurer, and she didn't want to stab first, ask questions later.
"Hello? Rattle once for undead, twice for please don't stab me, I'm friendly," Akori called, lifting the lantern higher as if it could illuminate further that way.