Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > What's Mine is Yours [Event][P/R]
Raile

Character Info
Name: Raile Talon
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Trader/Gambler
Silver: 943
“Are you sure this is the right way?” Raile asked as he was lead down into the newly opened mines. He had heard legends of the mine and it’s near infinite supply of treasure, but a simple merchant such as he would not survive long alone. So, he went with his instinct, and asked the man he had hired to guard his shop if he wanted to share the potential spoils.

“There really isn’t a right way,” Drake had replied as he picked the left path, making a mark on the stone with his blade.

The merchant adjusted his pack, and started to follow. He held his borrowed torch up, carefully walking about the cave floor. He had already tripped and fallen more than once, but he was starting to get used to finding his footing. He wondered if the twins were having any better luck than he was. The group had split up a while back during an attack. Spirits that had long since been trapped in the mines had now been set free, and were terrorizing any who dared to brave the mines.

“Edelwiess. I still can’t believe that the legends were real…”

Can I interest you in…
Firesong

Character Info
Name: Drake Alzrahi
Race: Draconian
Class: Fighter
Silver: 1003
Drake held his hand out, letting flames circle about it. The makeshift torch was more than enough to illuminate the path before him. At this point, he was trusting his gut instinct to lead him down the correct path. After the disastrous attempt to defend themselves, he almost felt embarrassed to admit that he had been just the tiniest bit afraid

He had been carefully marking symbols across the wall. To the naked eye, they were barely legible, but to his enhanced draconic vision, he noticed every intricate detail of the mark. His blade was unique in the way it cut due to it’s use. There was no other like it. Like a fingerprint.

He understood why Raile was trying to strike up a conversation. The poor merchant was probably scared out of his mind. Or, at the very least, nervous about the predicament they were in. The Draconian sighed internally, and tried to oblige the man.

“I actually don't know too much about the history and legends around,” Drake half-lied. While it was mostly true that he didn't know about the history, it was the legends portion he was lying about. Legends often held powerful secrets, and recently he had found himself enjoying picking them apart. Often times the legends turned out to be a false lead, but every so often he found something of worth. Not monetary all the time, but interesting nonetheless.

“Why don't you tell me about it.” He paused to make another mark, and glanced back at Raile. The merchant seemed to be doing a lot better. “We're making progress.”

~You remind me of someone…
Raile

Character Info
Raile continued to follow Drake deeper into the mines as the two talked. The merchant was more than surprised to find that Drake did not actually know much about Edelweiss, and found himself explaining it in as much detail as he remembered. By the time he had finished, Raile finally caught on to what Drake had done.

The sly bastard. He's trying to distract me. Though, Raile couldn't complain but so much. After all, it had worked like a charm.

So far, though, they had not run across any treasure of the sort. It was almost a bit disheartening. Then again, the mines had probably been stripped this early in, and only the deeper parts contained the loot.

Suddenly, Raile tripped, falling down once again. He hit the ground hard as the sound of something metal hit the ground next to him.

“Damnit. A pickaxe? Who puts a pickaxe in the way like this?”. He stood up, grumbling at his fall, and picked up the tool. For being as ancient it was, it wasn't in the worst of shape.

Drake glanced back, checking to see if his boss was okay. “Maybe you should keep that.”

Raile nodded. “Maybe I will. If we come across something, I can just mine it out.” He shrugged. “If we find something.”

Can I interest you in…
Firesong

Character Info
Drake found himself wondering just how deep and winding the mines really were. According to the legend, there was an immeasurable amount of wealth to be excavated from the mines. Yet, even as far as they had come Drake had not seen a single shimmer. It was almost worrisome. He wondered if the rest of the group had found anything yet.

Danwe’s luck has always been better than mine, he thought to himself. They ventured deeper and deeper, their idle chit chat back forth lulling for a moment or two during the trip. After awhile, though, Drake found himself talking about where he planned to go next. Neither of them were sure how the conversation had found its way there, but neither seemed to mind.

“I don’t really have a great idea of where I’m headed,” Drake stated. “It’s been mostly small goals. Find Danwe. Learn to control magic. Find a job. I’ve not really had the chance to think about where I’m really headed with all of this,” he continued. He paused. “I think I want an airship, and to travel some more. During all of this, I’ve met some interesting people along the way. I wouldn’t mind doing that with a family. An airship would make that easy.”

He sighed, “It’s a long term goal, though. Airships aren’t cheap, and I don’t make quite enough to really save at the moment.” He shot a smirk at Raile. “Of course, if we strike it rich down here, I wouldn’t have to worry about that. But then you’d be out of a guard.”

Raile

Character Info
Raile rolled his eyes. “Did you just indirectly ask me for a raise?” There was laughter in his voice, though. “Well, if we get anything valuable down here, we won’t need to discuss raises. We’ll be set for awhile. And you can get your airship.” He smiled.

“I have plans too, you know,” Raile replied after a moment. “Right now there are some crazy trade routes. I was thinking of one giant, unified trade route by both sky and ground. I can see it now…the Raile Road.” He looked forward down the caves. “That being said, I need an airship of my own. A lot of them. An entire caravan or fleet’s worth.” There was a shimmer in his eyes. “A concept like no other. A giant circling caravan of goods. A traveling merchant like no other. A never ending road of goods.”

The thought alone was making his tone excited. “It’ll be a big hit. I know it will. And the twins are going to help me see it through.” He stopped. It was something he had been thinking about recently. The twins were Rosenite. He was human. A human’s lifespan was a blink in comparison to theirs. He might not live long enough to see the end of his dream.

His thoughts were interrupted as he noticed a shimmer in the distance. “Drake. What’s that?”

Can I interest you in…
Firesong

Character Info
Drake had to stifle a laugh as Raile went on about his dream. “I’m sorry Raile, but the Raile Road sounds a bit conceited. Maybe you should consider changing the name to something else.” He looked back to the cave path. “But it’s not a bad idea. I’m sure a lot of people would benefit from it, and as a whole the trade industry could grow from it.”

As their conversation started to fade, Drake noticed a sparkle down the path. “Is that?” He and Raile both noticed at the same time. The two traded looks, and started down the path excitedly. As they neared, the shimmering grew. Jewels and the like encrusted in the cave walls, as far down as the eye could see.

“Well…let’s get to work then!” Drake said excitedly, his arm shifting into it’s draconic state. “If this doesn’t work, I’ll go try and find a pickaxe.” He slammed his claw into the walls, digging. It felt weird and uncomfortable, but not painful. “I think this will manage…” He turned to Raile. “And the fun begins!”