Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela E. Rose
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 6183
I can't delete the accounts but next time we do have a discord that you can use to get ahold of Admins when activation doesn't work. :) (if we delete them that messes with our records)

I can most definitely help you out if you want to rp I've been a bit rough lately but I would love to help!

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela has the power to heal wounds/resurrect on command.
2. Angela can bring out someone's inner love.
3. Angela can peer into your thoughts be it for desires, artifacts you seek, and earthly knowledge you might have.
Also: If you check Angela's temple you can see she can make Artifacts! Temporary for plot or if you have a custom item voucher I can whip up something for that!
Angela's complete family tree is in her temple! (Alternate link is in my profile)

OzirisXP

Character Info
Name: Tarian de' Bellati,
Alignment: CN
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Musician
Silver: 97
Hello there.
So, I'm not exactly new to roleplaying, buuut…
I've never been a part of a forum roleplay. I was either a part of Tabletop RPG's and P&P games or chatroom RPs where you post one-liners. Having that said, detail is not my strong side and I have a hard time writing an appropriate amount for a forum post (even if there is no strict word word requirment/limit).
As for my character, he has just set off on his travels so his location might be somewhere along the road or around taverns, preferably on Canelux, maybe in the Adeluna kingdom. He is primarily a Bard so he can ever adventure into a dungeon filled with undead (although that might end up with him getting slain) in search of inspiration.

OOC: OzirisXP, a somewhat regular person. To those RPing with me, I am on one to three times a day, for about an hour each time. I am sorry if I take long to reply.
IC: Tarian de' Bellati, a bored musician looking for inspiration.
Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
Hello new friend! Welcome to Revaliir!
Don't worry about posts, really, you get used to adding detail as you do it more. I think I started with five-sentence posts or something. 
If you'd like to start up a thread with me, my character is sort of a wanderer/explorer who can be found pretty much anywhere at this point in time. She doesn't prefer to get in danger, but has a habit of doing it anyway looking for information about the hidden places of the world. She can be nice enough if you are, but if you come across as snobbish or uptight, she can be downright snarky.
Tell me if that sounds interesting!

StormEagle

Character Info
Name: Willow Moonblade
Race: Elf
Class: Battle Mage
Silver: 669
Hello, everyone. 

Well, I am not new to roleplay but I am very rusty, need some of this rust knocked off my shoulders. 
I lean more to fantasy and dark fantasy types of role plays but I am flexible enough to do other types as well as
long as I know what is going on. I am a very relaxed role player and pretty open to new types of role play as long as I know what is going on before hand. So any help I can get would be great. 

Thank you for your time 

StormEagle

That Ryan Guy

Character Info
Name: Kendrick Kulner
Class: Town Guardsman turned Witch Hunter
Silver: 40
Hey howdy hey!I've done some short form RP in chatrooms before, but forum RP is a completely new animal to me, and I'll take any advice/help I can get! As for my character…Kendrick Kulner is a tall young man from a small village to the north. With both of his parents tragically kidnapped by witches at a young age, he was taken in by the town guard and raised as one of their own. After several years’ service, he grew restless and left to find what had become of his parents. Kendrick’s preferred weapon is the crossbow, though just a bow will do, and in close quarters he can defend himself with a short sword. Being from a country village, Kendrick knows little of magic or academics, but what he lacks in knowledge he makes up for in charm. I guess this forum is supposed to be like a tavern, soooooooooooo…The country boy entered the tavern cautiously. He had never been to any tavern but the small pub from his home town, and was deeply suspicious. The room looked similar enough to his familiar pub, just a bit larger and benches placed differently. He sat down at the end of a long table, and scanned the room.I might be doing this completely wrong so please let me know if this is not how to do things or if I'm out of decorum!

-Kenny
That Ryan Guy

Character Info
Name: Kendrick Kulner
Class: Town Guardsman turned Witch Hunter
Silver: 40
My apologies, I completely botched the formatting in my previous post. Here's the fixed version:

Hey howdy hey!

I've done some short form RP in chatrooms before, but forum RP is a completely new animal to me, and I'll take any advice/help I can get! As for my character…

Kendrick Kulner is a tall young man from a small village to the north. With both of his parents tragically kidnapped by witches at a young age, he was taken in by the town guard and raised as one of their own. After several years’ service, he grew restless and left to find what had become of his parents. Kendrick’s preferred weapon is the crossbow, though just a bow will do, and in close quarters he can defend himself with a short sword. Being from a country village, Kendrick knows little of magic or academics, but what he lacks in knowledge he makes up for in charm.

I guess this forum is supposed to be like a tavern, soooooooooooo…

The country boy entered the tavern cautiously. He had never been to any tavern but the small pub from his home town, and was deeply suspicious. The room looked similar enough to his familiar pub, just a bit larger and benches placed differently. He sat down at the end of a long table, and scanned the room.

I might be doing this completely wrong so please let me know if this is not how to do things or if I'm out of decorum!

-Kenny
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 9901
Hi there! Welcome to the site! This thread is for new members to ask for help on things instead of an actual tavern, so no real roleplaying goes on in here. You seem to already know the basics, so I'm sure you'll do fine in the roleplay boards. :D

If you haven't already, I highly suggest reading the rules, wiki, and reading up on the descriptions of every area. I've done both forum and chatroom rp myself, so the main difference for forum rp is that instead of responding in real-time, your posts will be responding to the other posts in the thread before you and so on. 

Here's a few quick tips to get started:

• Make sure to participated in the weekly lotteries for silver (site-currency) and crafting items! A new round starts every Saturday so don't wait! It's a great way to get some extra coin for those nice things in the shops. You can ask up to 500 silver every time you participate, and for the crafting item's lotto you can either ask for 2 rare items or 5 common ones. 
  •  Shops Tab: There are all sorts of things you can buy in the shops here. If you want to roleplay your character doing an action, make sure you have the required items ( or something similar to substitute). You can get equipment, miscellaneous things, npcs, pets, and even super special items that require silver or crafting items.
  • Synth items: Whenever you post, you randomly get some things like timber, coal, metals, or gems. These can be used in enchantments for your weapons or make powerful items in the Synth Forge. You can also buy/sell items in the Trading Bazaar.
  • Every new member starts with a silver boost for a month, so make the most out of your posting to get as much silver as you need!
  • Journals: Need a little more silver but don't want to make an entirely new thread just for that? You can make a journal thread which gives you silver when you post. You can only make 1 post every 24 hours, and posting in other people's journals is not allowed. 
If you have any other questions, why don't you join the site's Discord server? The admins and mods are on there if you want to ask more technical questions.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
chels

Character Info
Name: Evelyn
Class:
Silver: 510
Hello! :-) Lovely to meet you guys, this site's maturity and complexity has blown me away so far. I've never actually joined a roleplaying site before. I used to roleplay a lot casually as a teenager (when I should've been studying for exams), but was sometimes unable to understand even my OWN characters. Hopefully my psychology degree will come in handy, now, though. :-D

Right. So. I've read the rules, the newcomer's FAQ guide thingy, worked a bit on my character in my profile… trying to be as not-needy as possible, buuut I worry that without some assistance I may grow too nervous to ever actually get involved in a roleplay (I'm a little shy / intimidated by everyone's brilliance). Do we like… just sort of jump in and hope for the best? Also, just to clarify - the only ways to earn silver is by posting and by wishing in the well, right?

Many thanks!
Jesgil

Character Info
Name: Jesgil Yamar
Alignment: TG
Race: Draconian
Class: Maid for Hire
Silver: 622
Good morning, Chels. Do not mind the shiny and newness of this profile confuse you. I had the muse for another character is all. Either way, welcome to our lovely site of Revaliir. If you want to dip your feet in the water, I am willing to aid you, if you wish. The characters I currently possess is Douken Sota, a human explorer with a simple, carefree nature and an expert at getting lost, Eden, a tigerkin gladiator who has recently escaped her title of slave, though still not vocal considering she was banned from talking for so long its hard for ehr to make any noises except screaming, and finally Jesgil Yamar here, who is a a traveling maid, willing to aid those in need, though not afraid to defend herself. As she says, "Everything must be done with a smile."

You are correct in getting silver by posting and the wishing well, but its more that those are the most common methods. By posting, you also collect recourse materials that can be crafted into "rare" items, but can also be traded and sold to other members, though usually because they are in a surplus. Another way is keeping an eye out for events that tends to have pretty hefty prize pools of silver and rare/unique supplies.

chels

Character Info
Name: Evelyn
Class:
Silver: 510
Hello AJ! Thank you so much for extending an offer for help! I would love to "dip my feet in the water" with either of your characters, they all sound very intriguing. Although, Evelyn - being a hot-headed mess - would probably work best in a roleplay format with either Douken Sota or Jesgil Yamar. At least initially, while I'm still developing her character. Evelyn has the ability to be empathic and compassionate if she can pull her head out of her bum for long enough to resonate with someone else's pain (as in the case of Eden), but I'm not all too sure what this would look like yet.

I am also in the process of creating another character, Gareth Smith, who will be somewhat more of an agreeable type. But I have no idea who he is yet! Haha.

What are your thoughts? Should we move this to message and discuss further from there?

And thank you for the silver advice! Very much appreciated!!